Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: TOR Sith Marauder - pic heavy!

Haha, I wouldn't know where to start!
    I've never made a cast of anything before although I have read about the basics of "how to". This wouldn't be deemed accurate to even bother producing more of either.

I'm still considering making another version of this but just can't seem to get motivated at the moment.

Oh, and these bad guys get another appearance in the latest trailer:
    http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/...ematic-trailer

Last edited by Takamatsu; 06-14-2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: added link and image to hope trailer

Well from the look of it, you seem to have pulled off details in that mask that no one else has of yet *afaik*, so were you to make a mould and a few casts of the mask, that would make you one popular guy..

As for the costume, I have looked in detail at it and it seems that the same skin (slightly tweaked) was used for the TOR Jedi Armour, with a few different seams and greeblies, and a different colour coat.

Now if i could get a hold of those TOR Jedi moulds... and a cast of your mask..

Damnit, I hate you Lucas for making another badass costume for me to make....

One more note, if you do go and get the mask mold, let me know. ( edited so i would be following the rules )
    Last edited by Defectuous; 06-23-2010 at 05:47 PM.
    Purple Fourteen, ummn yeah where did I leave the keys to this freighter again ?
    Tos, So many drunken adventures.
    http://www.steampunkodyssey.com << fun project
    Alpine Garrison 501st Detachment

Just as a point of interest I have spoken via email to one of the artists (his website is here http://requestdenied.com/) that worked on these trailers and he referred to the masked characters as Sith Acolytes rather than Sith Warriors or Marauders.

Unfortunately he was unable to provide any detailed images/renders of the characters to aid with the costume though at the current time (although things may change once the game is released). I was just happy to get a reply from him

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

No soliciting please, Defectuous.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    No soliciting please, Defectuous.
    [Tear] [/Tear]
    but but but MOM I WANT TO PLAY BY THE RULES !!!!! :P
    Purple Fourteen, ummn yeah where did I leave the keys to this freighter again ?
    Tos, So many drunken adventures.
    http://www.steampunkodyssey.com << fun project
    Alpine Garrison 501st Detachment

I made another mask this week seeing as the Hope trailer gave some clearer images of the mask. Still not 100% accurate, but closer. Again mainly card and paper mache coated with resin then painted.

Mate great work once again.

I'd love to have a tutorial done by you showing in stages the techniques that you employ to make your armor.

Goodaa Job
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Quote Originally Posted by Takamatsu View Post
    I made another mask this week seeing as the Hope trailer gave some clearer images of the mask. Still not 100% accurate, but closer. Again mainly card and paper mache coated with resin then painted.

Looking great so far!

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

[QUOTE=Xiarr Odai;135971]A battalion of Sith Marauders would be well beyond the definition of 'awesome'

Understatement of the Galaxy :P