Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Driver board coupled wtih sound?

Default Driver board coupled wtih sound?

Can the 3w led driver you sell be used to drive a lux 5. On the same note can it be coupled with a hasbro sound board. if so any suggestions or do i need to hit myself with a tac hammer?

Banned Sith Lord

thats actually kinda legit. as it says here

* Ramp up/down, static shimmer, optional flash on impact and lockup
    * Maximum input voltage has been increased to 30V from the previous 12V
    * Maximum output voltage has been increased to 25V. Rebel compatible.

* Uses less than 0.2mA when sleeping (turned off, with power to driver)
    * Size is reduced by 35%, 0.80 x 1.1 from previous 1.25 x 1.625
    * Pulsed Width Modulation averages 1A output with 1.2A when “clashing”
    * On board micro on/off switch with contacts for remote switch
    * Available in momentary or latching switch configurations

it can run almost any LED thrown at it. because it can handle so much voltage. i believe you would still need to get the right current to the LED but i am sure that the driver could handle 5 watt, maybe even 10 to 15. im not sure,

council members feel free to correct me if im wrong

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

No, those drivers are only meant to run the Lux 3 LEDs, if they could drive other LEDs, it would say so in the description.

Voltage
    is not the issue, current is. The Drivers put out too much current for a Lux V.

The driver doesn't drive the red or amber Lux 3s as well, because they like more than the 1 Amp it puts out, it works best with white, green, cyan and the blues. It doesn't put out enough current to properly drive a K2. I'm not sure if the P4 current requirements are the same as the Lux 3 or not.

Yes, the drivers can be paired with a Hasbro board. Look in the Tutorial section for wiring diagrams.

DJ, please make sure you know what you're talking about before giving out advice.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Default Thanks...but

appreciate the imput guys but....so ah is there anyway to get the flicker effect on a lux five with a hasbro sound board?.....its not like those ultrasound2.1s are always in stock and easy to get

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    The driver doesn't drive the red or amber Lux 3s as well, because they like more than the 1 Amp it puts out, it works best with white, green, cyan and the blues. It doesn't put out enough current to properly drive a K2. I'm not sure if the P4 current requirements are the same as the Lux 3 or not.
    P4 is happy with 1 Amp

Quote Originally Posted by Cantina Chef View Post
    appreciate the imput guys but....so ah is there anyway to get the flicker effect on a lux five with a hasbro sound board?.....its not like those ultrasound2.1s are always in stock and easy to get
    You can't run a Lux V directly from any of the Hasbro boards. The maximum voltage for some of the older boards is 4.5volts, the newer ones top out at 6 volts. The luxeon V requires at least 6.85 volts to light up properly.

You can run one from the Corbin 3W driver, but you'll be overdriving the led. Look in the wiring Diagrams section of the forums to see how to do it. There are diagrams that specifically show the board wired to a Hasbro (toy saber) board. If you decide to attempt it, make sure the driver board is a momentary switch type.

for the amount of trouble the V's can have with getting the right batteries to power both the driver board and the soundboard, though, you'd be better off going with the P4 if you want a blue or green blade. Even a red Lux III or red P4 will be just fine with the driver's 1000ma.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Even a red Lux III or red P4 will be just fine with the driver's 1000ma.
    I think you mean eye tearingly bright.... I've done it several times now.

Default From what i can guess

Here is my bastardized diagram of what my newbie brain is scheming. Will it work?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cantina Chef View Post
    Here is my b----dized diagram of what my newbie brain is scheming. Will it work?
    Forums don't need swearing, please refrain from it. Thanks.

When I click on the image, it's fuzzy as well... I can't tell what you have wired up...

wasn't aware that i was swearing or using inappropriate language. my appologies to those offended. will try a more clear picture.