Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Newest favorite

Default Newest favorite

Banned Sith Lord

man that chasis looks advance and VEERY well engineered and designed! way to go! what color is it?

The opening picture does not do the hilt justice. The gear, ribbed section, and 3" extension were PC'd in gloss black by TCSS. You cannot appreciate this color until you've seen it in person! For the guts I fashioned a chamber fitting the full length of the ribbed extension. It's seated firmly between that and the gear by adding a modified heatsink piece at the top. This hilt also has a vibration motor and a small hole was drilled into the heatsink for the spinning clearance. The area within the gear really didn't allow for excessive wiring so I modified the LED heatsink by drilling out the inner ring. I secured the quick disconnects of the LED heatsink and power chamber using JB weld for a true plug in connection... no excess wiring even on the LED side as you'll notice by a couple of holes I placed to feed the wires up to the LED. When I want to unplug the LED assembly from the chamber I simply twist in a 6/32 screw and lift up. You'll also see that the opposite end of the chamber has plugs for the switch and battery. Again, the QD ends are fixed firmly in place. All is tested and confirmed in working order. My only task now is to feed a tactile out into the MPP clamp.

Banned Sith Lord

wow i think i need a nap

I only worked on it when I had moments of creative clarity. Modifying those heatsinks really made things come together and the brass ones are so easy to work with. Once it's fully operational I'll get some daytime, natural light pictures of the hilt. Trust me. That gloss black is gorgeous.

Banned Sith Lord

i bet! man that must have take a lot of time and an amzing engineering mind. it looks amazing.

That is a truly inspirational internal set-up. Thank you for sharing it.

Hopefully someday I can have mine that neatly laid out.
    Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment. -Jim Horning

The beatings will continue until morale improves. -KMFDM "Free your hate"

You´ve won the battle against one of the worst enemies of saber building... Bunch-o-wire´s-rattling-inside-the-hilt!

Superb ideas there, with the modified heatsinksto house the quick connectors, for example. As others said, very inspiring, and thanks for sharing your setup

looking great there dude. you have inspered me to consider this in my saber.

The measure of true wisdom is the ability to entertain ones idea and not except it as your own.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Wow....awesome job. Looks great. Great work on the chasis.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php