Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: DJ Presents: Silver Essence.

Nice, DJ! Good to see all that come together into one mighty saber!

The small holes look great!
    As does the window!

I do think it'd be pretty sweet to line the window with some kind of color filter.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post
    very but i think that the TCSS battle blade robs the LED of a lot of its potential. so im going to by some corbin film and thrown it in there instead of a blade diffuser

Just some info for ya.

1. A lit up blade using a blade diffuser tube is brighter than a lit up blade using Corbin's blade film.

2. More layers of Corbin blade film = better light diffusion but the blade gets more dim with more layers. Blade diffuser tubes already provide excellent light diffusion without modification.

3. Polypropylene wrap = See #2.

4. Blade film and polypropylene crinkle when the blade is ever so slightly bent. Blade diffuser tubes do not crinkle unless the blade the diffuser tube is inserted in is very severely bent.

5. Blade diffusers are much easier to install than film or polypropylene wrap.

Conclusion. Blade diffusers pwn Corbin's blade film. That's right, I'm 40 and used the word "pwn". Deal with it.

Personally I'd rather have a brighter blade that has excellent light diffusion and is a lot easier to install than the coring offered by the Corbin's blade film.

I tested all of the above using two identical LEDS from the same batch (had to break them apart to seperate them), identical hilts, 8 fresh AAA (1.5v) non-rechargable lithium batteries (4 per saber) and same length blades with rounded tips and adhesive reflective disks. I tried the same tests again after swapping each blade with each hilt... just to be sure.
    Last edited by ARKM; 06-08-2009 at 12:42 AM.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The more I look at that saber, the more I like it. I like the holes and windows. Once again, great job DJ.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Banned Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by ARKM View Post
    Just some info for ya.

1. A lit up blade using a blade diffuser tube is brighter than a lit up blade using Corbin's blade film.

2. More layers of Corbin blade film = better light diffusion but the blade gets more dim with more layers. Blade diffuser tubes already provide excellent light diffusion without modification.

3. Polypropylene wrap = See #2.

4. Blade film and polypropylene crinkle when the blade is ever so slightly bent. Blade diffuser tubes do not crinkle unless the blade the diffuser tube is inserted in is very severely bent.

5. Blade diffusers are much easier to install than film or polypropylene wrap.

Conclusion. Blade diffusers pwn Corbin's blade film. That's right, I'm 40 and used the word "pwn". Deal with it.

Personally I'd rather have a brighter blade that has excellent light diffusion and is a lot easier to install than the coring offered by the Corbin's blade film.

I tested all of the above using two identical LEDS from the same batch (had to break them apart to seperate them), identical hilts, 8 fresh AAA (1.5v) non-rechargable lithium batteries (4 per saber) and same length blades with rounded tips and adhesive reflective disks. I tried the same tests again after swapping each blade with each hilt... just to be sure.
    i have a normal ultrasabers blade and i threw that in there and the blade is way brighter and way more evenly lit. its almost purely perfect. so im going to by a 40" with a mirrored tip.

nice work, I like your star wars blanky

Hurry up and finish it! Silver essence deserves a cf or Us 2.1 not a hasblow board.

ps: lee filter swatch books take on avergae two months to ship so don't get all mad.
    Last edited by Sairon; 06-08-2009 at 03:10 PM.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

dj, i got to be honest, i usually am not a fan of the white/silver blade. BUT YOURS ROCKS. cool activation box and cooler cuts into the emitter

Good job DJ. Heck I am impressed that someone as young as you did all the machining himself.

Look forward to seeing others as your skills increase.

Banned Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    Good job DJ. Heck I am impressed that someone as young as you did all the machining himself.

Look forward to seeing others as your skills increase.
    lol thanks. our machining department at the college is going to feature it in there headlines.! im anxious to see what i can come up with to. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by taoist jedi View Post
    nice work, I like your star wars blanky
    i would love to put in a ultrasound. heck that mught be just what ill do. ill get the combo thingy. i am like flat broke right now though. lol

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!

great Job DJ!!!!

It is soooooooo bright!!
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...