Thread: Vader 07 ANH

Default Vader 07 ANH

Hey guys, I'm just in the middle of a conversion, I've managed to do most of it, electronics are are inside the hilt and working fine, but the hardest part for me is the reassembly!!

The TCSS 'conversion kit' was really, really difficult to get into the hilt and now the drilled holes have shifted a mm or so out of place so I can't get the screws in. =|
    It's like..impossible to get back out now as I have no idea how to twist it or get it back up.
    If there are no other ways to get it out I might be able to drill the holes, but I'm worried that might effect the blade I've got.

Also, do I need to drill anywhere on my Vader ANH 07?
    I've just got to attach the black "blade emitter" and screw that in along with putting the blade on and I'm done.
    So I was wondering if you could help me from this step onwards. =)
    Thanks!

Pictures of your problem would help us diagnose it better and help you out.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Pictures man!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

As you can see the holes line up better on some of them, but others are way off.

Any help?

I just did one and had the same problem with the blade holder being too tight.

I assume you forced yours in and now you have the additional problem of getting it out. All I could recommend is sticking it in the freezer for a couple hours and then very gently tapping it out with something (a long ¾ wooden dowel is what I used) by going in through the bottom of the saber. The plastic electrics bay is going to take the brunt of it, just try to stay on the edges when you hammer it out. Use common sense, it’s pretty durable but remember it’s cold plastic too.

Once you get it out, sand it by hand or attach it to a drill somehow and create a makeshift lathe. 10 minutes on my drill press with some emery cloth got mine down to the point where I could paint the outside of the blade holder (I didn’t care for seeing the aluminum blade holder through those vent holes at the top of the saber) and install it without scratching the paint. And surprisingly, once the holder fits nice and easy, all the holes magically line up!

Good luck.