Thread: need help with shock sensor

Default need help with shock sensor

Converting an FX Vader for a customer. The purple wire came off of the shock sensor and I need to know which pad to solder it back too.

The green goes to the LED right?

And then the grey from the board goes to the switch right?

I had a pic of the sensor as it is, but now I can't find it. Try to get it up later today. But there's 4 little pads on it in a row, which two do the wires go to?
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

This is the best I could do to help the pic not the greatest but here you go:

and this is how it should be wired:

When you say purple do you mean blue? if so, it goes on the second from the left pad, the gray goes on the second from the right pad. See the first pic.

Yeah I think that helps. Here's my pic, but I'll see if that works, thanks.

Darth Dan, you still have it connected to the wrong pad, you need to make your connections to the 2 middle pads, look again at the pic of the stock connections and you'll see what I mean.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

I don't think it matters which wire goes to what pad...the sensor is not any different than a switch...it has no polarity to it. It's just a spring in a can, basically. Just hook one wire up to one pad, and to the pad for HIT and the other goes to the other pad and to the positive on the led. And you need to use the pads with the holes in them, as Kal-el said.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

right on, thats just how it was when I got it. Thanks guys.