Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adding LED to a custome Sinktube lightsaber

Default Adding LED to a custome Sinktube lightsaber

Hello Forum goers,

I am about to start building a variant of this saber design from The Big Yellow Box website and I was wondering if all I need to add LED and a blade to the hilt would be this peice from the main website?

I have friends who have built sabers from the Big Yellow Box website and I think they look very unique. I would just like to be able to add electronics and a LED and blade to complete it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To answer your question simply- No.

The main tube needed 1 1/4" and the tube you would be using is 1 1/2".
    HOWEVER
    You could use the 1.5" MHS adapter, purchase a bladeholder, and then install a LED
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Hmm...would it be possible to just make that lightsaber out of 1 1/4" tubing or is the 1 1/2" needed for the shower head?

I could see using 1 1/4 as a base and maybe use 1 1/2 as an overlay with cut-outs for inset grips as well as holding the shower head on. But I dont know since I am relatively new to this.

EDIT: I would rather use the shower head instead of one of the blade holders on this site for the simple fact that I like the look of it better. So if there is anyway I could add just the 1 1/4 sink tube blade/led holder, then I would be in heaven.
    Last edited by bullvinne; 06-01-2009 at 11:29 AM.

Blog Entries

Ok, I think I've got it figured out.
    All you need to do is take your 1.25" sinktube (make sure it is 22 gague) and cut a piece that will extend down past the sud-pump part.

Then install the Blade holder at one end. Drill a hole and thread for your Blade retention screw in the 1.5" sinktube and 1.25" sinktube.

Then cover the 1 1/4" sinktube in 1 1/4" nylon washers. epoxy them in place.
    It should be pretty solid when you slide it into the 1.5" sinktube. You may have to add some screws to secure it but no big deal.

Hope this helps!

So if I understand correctly, do you mean something like this?

Blog Entries

Exactly! but with screws through it.

I had the same idea (adding an LED to that saber style) a while back. This thread got me to revisit that idea and gave me some good building tips as well as sparked some new ideas.

THANK YOU

Wow, I went parts shopping last night. It is amazing how hard it is to find a basic metal economy shower head. Home Depot and Lowes did not carry them so it looks like I might have to find one online.

BTW, would a hardware saber hilt like that one be sturdy enough for heavy duelling with?