Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Filling The Gaps"

No, sink tubes are labeled by their ID. That's why 1.5 inch sink tube fits over Tim's parts, which have an OD of 1.5. What you need to do is figure out the wall thickness (ie gauge) of your 1.25 inch pipe and then add that to the ID to figure out the OD. Or you could just measure it. Or you could save yourself the hassle altogether by realizing that online metals won't sell a tube that will fit exactly over a 1.25 pipe and under a 1.5 pipe. Get the nearest thing, which would be a tube with a 1.25 ID, and then you'll have to sand down the inside of that tube to get it to fit over the sinkpipe. It wont be easy, but it's been done before.

And Rhyen, what are you talking about?

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks TimeRender.

That's so simple its brilliant!
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Also, just for the record, don't use a tape measure to measure pipes or tubes. Use calipers.

carry your calipers with you, or take the pieces in to the store to test fit, if you just want a shim then use double face mounting tape or crafting foam from walmart or a craft store

I <3 Mako

I second that. I used electrical tape to shim a vader shroud on one of my MHS sabers. In fact, depending on your design, it might be preferable to order a piece of tube from onlinemetals with an ID slightly larger than the 1.25 sinkpipes OD, then use tape to shim it rather than having to sand down a tube that is slightly too small. Either method will work, so decide what works best for you based on your saber design.