Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: My new US2.1 MHS saber - polished aluminum and brass

thanks again for the comments.

I finally have some finished pics of the switch mounted. I jb welded the switch in. I scuffed up the inner part of the mhs part around where the switch goes then put the switch in place having a couple of small drops of super glue holding it in place. Then I added the jb weld not just to the sides of the switch holder but over the top of it so the switch is enclosed in the jb weld. I did this to make sure it doesn't come off because the holder is plastic vs the aluminum of the mhs part.

So far it has held after three pretty hard hitting battles with my oldest daughter. I think it will be fine. I jb welded a knob on the end of an aluminum softball bat (the original weld broke) and it never broke after a lot of hitting and vibration. I still have the bat as a matter fact even though I don't play anymore. So its safe to say if done right JB weld will hold pretty good.

here are my pics...still havent cut the overlay for V2 of the saber yet but I will get to it eventually...maybe . I didnt polish it up this time before taking the pics so it has some finger prints and such on it and it may not be as shiny (but still plenty shiny).

here is a straight on look at it.

one slightly from the side...

and finally one directly from the side (you can barely see the switch because of the background)...

well that's my last update until I work on v2 of it. I am really glad I recessed the switch. It looks and feels much more solid.

I think it looks much better with the recessed switch, great job on recessing it.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)