Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mounting a 5mm Accent LED

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    I'm just makin' sure I do it correctly.

It seems rather difficult to connect the hard sturdy wires to the flexible ones and make a good connection that won't break.

I also am trying to figure out where on the Batt. wires I should connect them. Would wiring them in were the Batt. and sound board wires meet work???

Again, I don't want to mess this circut up. My past three sound baords have been fried so I am EXTREMELY hesitant to wire without knowing exactly what will happen.
    Twisting the wires together will help them stay together while soldering...
    That would work fine, anywhere you feel comfortable soldering them works. Just don't msess up the polarity Actually that's not a big deal, LED is a diode, so it just won't illuminate if the polarity is backwards.
    But if you really want to be sure, a diagram helps, let's me make sure I'm visualizing what you're referring to.
    Last edited by Thaxos; 07-04-2009 at 09:39 AM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    I'm just makin' sure I do it correctly.

It seems rather difficult to connect the hard sturdy wires to the flexible ones and make a good connection that won't break.

I also am trying to figure out where on the Batt. wires I should connect them. Would wiring them in were the Batt. and sound board wires meet work???

Again, I don't want to mess this circut up. My past three sound baords have been fried so I am EXTREMELY hesitant to wire without knowing exactly what will happen.
    What sound board are you going to use? A lot depends on where (in the circuit) you wire the LED. Before or after the SB or PPO vs. split from a MR lead... just as an example. Also the battery or battery pack itself will dictate what resistor to use. There's a lot to think about, but knowing what battery set-up and what SB will be some place to start.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I'm using the " force action" hasbro board.

I was wiring it up last night and found when I wired it to the batts. it would n't turn off!!!

So I wired it to the LED and it wouldn't turn on!!!

Then I started touching it to random spots on the sound board. I finally found two spots where it would turn on and off. Tonight I will wire saome wires of those two contact points and (hopefully) the LED's will work fine.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Ahh, well I hope they are the only loose connections and that it works perfectly well for you afterwards.

Blog Entries

Oh yes, looks great, I must say again. Glad it worked out.

Blog Entries

OK, since IT is basically the same topic and I don't want to start a new thread... here goes.

I have found that the accent LED's are not working right.
    These are what I bought- http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...0&tab=features

now, I soldered them to a Hasbro force action board, LED+ and Batt - (or the other way around...) My problem(s) is
    1. they are extremely dim unless the flash on clash is activated, then they are very bright. (how do you fix that?)
    2. They were a huge pain to get in so I want to know- can you take both wires on the board and then splice two more wires off the main wire?
    (ie. take the -wire and make two -wires as in a Y)

Also, I don't know where to exactly wire them, after searching I found that som people use the switch, others used the LED (that doesn't work for me BTW)

Basically, I need to know where to wire accent LED's when using a cheap hasbro board.

oh yeah, everything is running on 6 volts-no resistors. just a board, 2 accent LED's and a Blue Lux III. (My speaker isn't working right too...)

Blog Entries

BUMP??????

Add the proper resistor for those leds, and they should brighten up a bit. If you overpower them with current, those 5mm led's will not get brighter, they will dim instead.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Blog Entries

Oh, Ok.
    The Specs. on the LED say that it runs at 5 volts min, 6 volts max. So I need to resistor them so they run at 5V instead of 6V right?