Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Question about the DPDT illuminated switch

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The first post in that thread does not show the details of all 3 terminal of the recharge port. Take a look at the 2nd post. It is always best to double check.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Also make sure you get the polarity is correct on the main LED and the switch LED. Looks like you have the polarity crossed at the buck puck. Just make sure you wire it right.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Ok, this is the recharge port from the image on http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ge+port&page=4

Also, what do u mean by crossed polarity?
    The image is a little slopy, but the way I have it set up is that the - on the switch and LED fork into the + on the buckpuck. the + on the switch and LED fork into the - on the buckpuck. Will that cause a problem?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Council Member
    Sith Lord

put your switch on the positive side of the circuit and you are golden. It is just a good convention because if you wire it on the ground leg you will run into problems with more complicated builds.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_31 View Post
    Also, what do u mean by crossed polarity?
    The image is a little slopy, but the way I have it set up is that the - on the switch and LED fork into the + on the buckpuck. the + on the switch and LED fork into the - on the buckpuck. Will that cause a problem?
    You need to have the + go to the + and the - go to the -.

Ok, so which of these, if any is right?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Your diagram is a little confusing at first, because you have your color code "backwards". Generally, all positive wires are red and all negative wires are black.

Diagram 3 looks the most right to me, as far at the o
    utput from the buck puck goes, though I don't know of you have your recharge port wired correctly, since I've not done one yet. I do see a problem there though, you've got 2 red wires coming from one terminal and going to the positive of the battery pack, and the negative to the buck puck. That's incorrect.

The positive from the battery pack needs to go to the positive input on the buck puck. You also need the negative from the battery pack going to the negative input on the buck puck. Your negative from the battery pack isn't going anywhere except to the recharge port, so you do not have a complete circuit, from how the diagram looks.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Ok, so I redid the diagram.
    This one has more detail than the last ones.
    I used pictures of the actual parts, and I corrected the wire color issue.
    The two pictures I've included are the new diagram, and a blank diagram.
    The blank is to help mainly with understanding the setup of the recharge port.

Also, I used blue and gray only because it was used it the buckpuck picture.
    Blue = Black
    Gray = Red

And the black marks located where the two red wires cross is only there to show that they are not the same wire.

other than that, it's pretty strait forward.

Please let me know if this is correctly or if I did something wrong.

Can someone please respond to my last post above. =/

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Sorry for not responding earlier. It looks like you are putting a jumper on the wires to both - terminals on the recharge port and doing the same thing through the switch. Just make sure you do not jumper through the terminals and you should be good to go. So, remove the black wire that is in between the 2 - terminals on the recharge port and remove the red wires that are in between the terminals on the switch. On the switch you will want to connect your wires to C1 and NO1.