Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: EL Battery life / dimming

I have not done a 18 volt setup but the brightness on the 12 volt is very good and it works well. I use a 1.5" hilt and I am able to put the 8 AA batteries in it, I get a long battery life with those.

Do-Clo
    Brotherhood of the Sith

Don't make me destroy you...

Stop using Alkaline batteries. Alkaline batteries were not designed to meet the high power demands of a power inverter. Alkaline batteries have a high rated capacity, but they can only deliver their full capacity if the power is used slowly. Inverters and Luxeons place a high power drain on batteries, so it is much better to use rechargeable NiMH or Li-ion batteries for them.

I would reccomend these:

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/i...le-battery.php

They are expensive at first, but save you money in the long run.

http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

i figured running the setup of 2 9v would be draining so i except to buy batteries

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

Yes but luckily they have Sam's Club and Costco where you can get 48AA's for under $10.00 now that is a lot of hours of use. But I definitely think my next one will use a rechargable pack, I had even come up with an idea for a Solar Charging Station/Rack for when no power access is availible, just have to build it.[] Future Project

" I am a Jedi like my Father before me"

An option to consider would be a 12 volt battery pack from a RC car for your saber, and they come with a charger and you can purchase a fast charger that will plug into your vehicle and you can be back in action in just a few minutes.

Do-Clo
    Brotherhood of the Sith

ah i havent had good luck with rechargeable only my mouse is chargeable and i still have troubles sometime with the charger not fully charging

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

Personally I don't like recharable batteries either but sometimes they are necessary. I use alkaline AA in my mouse change them every 6 months.[]

Do-Clo
    Brotherhood of the Sith

mines corded but not a roller ball either. no batts in it. lol

The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

I was over at Circuit City yesterday and I saw a package of Duracell rechargable batteries. The AA were 2500 mah so they may work out alright. I didn't pick them up but I may go back and get them after I research it a bit, we bought some rechargeables several years ago and I reckon everyone here knows how good those were.

<center></center>

If they are lithium-ion batteries they will work great for you, avoid the ni-cad batteries too many problems.

Do-Clo
    Brotherhood of the Sith