Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Aqua - the waterproof saber

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    HHAHHAHAHAHAH... that is awesome, lol!!

I guess this means everyone will be requesting that BOP IV (yes, IV, not III) should take place in a giant, super huge aquarium with hot swimsuit models carrying super bright, waterproofed sabers, dukin' it out in the name of "LED technology", hahahhah

Hot swimsuit models in BOPIV? Where can I buy my ticket???

Hey hot gals scantily clad just make anything better...including Star Wars...even Unca George knows that...afterall the Slave Leia gold bikini costume in ROTJ wasn't exactly necessary for plot development or to reveal nuances of characterization...it was just for 'revealing' ...lol

Nice solution for an underwater saber...that bladeholder looks very nice with that design and the O-rings look great...one bit of Warning though that I discovered the hard way in my experiments with O-rings on sabers a couple years ago is that normally you don't want to put O-rings on the bladeholder/hilt junction if you are using a heavy/thickwall blade...the reason is the O-ring can allow just enough 'flex' movement of the bladeholder under the inertial stress with a heavy blade to damage the blade holder/hilt threads...fortunately a light/thinwall blade because it has less weight/inertia reduces the bladeholder flexing problem a great deal...I would therefore recommend that you use a thinwall blade and that you don't 'gorilla' duel with an O-ring mounted bladeholder, whether above or under the water.
    Last edited by Onli-Won Kanomi; 05-27-2009 at 04:46 AM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I'm also wondering if repeated dunkings in chlorinated water is going to degrade the rubber of the O-rings. Those would need to be checked regularly.

On a side note, speaking of "revealing", you can't forget about Oola, the green Twi'lek dancer. In the scene where she's pulling against the chain before Jabba drops her into the Rancor pit, her boob pops out of her costume. It's hard to see, because everything is painted green, but it does happen.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    I'm also wondering if repeated dunkings in chlorinated water is going to degrade the rubber of the O-rings. Those would need to be checked regularly.

On a side note, speaking of "revealing", you can't forget about Oola, the green Twi'lek dancer. In the scene where she's pulling against the chain before Jabba drops her into the Rancor pit, her boob pops out of her costume. It's hard to see, because everything is painted green, but it does happen.
    lol i remember that.

well now we just need to figure our a way to put sound in a waterproof saber even though it seems unlikely... btw THAT'S AWESOME!!!!
    "The force alone is my ally, and it shall guide me to my destiny."

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Just have the saber make bubbles with sound in them and when they reach the surface of the water and pop, you will hear the sound. LOL

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Not hard to see if you have frame by frame slomo. Not that I did it or anything. just sayin.

Oh you probably have heard of this, but if not,
    they actually make rubber O-rings for things like underwater camera cases - i.e. for taking pictures while scuba diving.

Anyway, two things - they have something called "moisture muncher" - it's basically similar to the dessicant packets you sometimes find in pre-packaged foods. It's supposed to absorb small amounts of moisture that would normally fog up the lens inside the case so that your pictures come out nice (instead of cloudy). I think it might be a wise insurance policy to put something like this somewhere inside the saber.

Second, they make a specific kind of O-ring grease for underwater camera cases - you can search for it on google or ebay. Usually, not too expensive and a little goes a long way. You just *LIGHTLY* coat the o-ring with it prior to installation and it should help create a water tight seal. It's also supposed to help prolong the life of the o-ring.

Lookin' good otherwise!!!
    -C
    LOCKHEED

This would be a good Kit Fisto saber idea Maul, nice work
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    HHAHHAHAHAHAH... that is awesome, lol!!

I guess this means everyone will be requesting that BOP IV (yes, IV, not III) should take place in a giant, super huge aquarium with hot swimsuit models carrying super bright, waterproofed sabers, dukin' it out in the name of "LED technology", hahahhah
    You can skip the aquarium and just cast the swimsuit models.
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

OMG...I never noticed that!!! I guess she should have been named Oola-la eh? Now I reallly need to go find where I put that DVD...

that white plumbing tape could be a good option for the thread/joins.

The measure of true wisdom is the ability to entertain ones idea and not except it as your own.