Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Two Saber ideas

Quote Originally Posted by MasterStoddard View Post
    I've done my home work when it comes to this project.

The Ultrafire batteries that I'm looking at will actually fit in the holder I'm looking at, and secondly they're not the protected batteries that's the reason for the PCB. Here is a link for the batteries I'm looking at Ultrafire Blue XSL 18650 2400mah BUTTON TOP Lithium Battery

I always practice my soldering before touching a circut board.

The reason for the 180 lumen white LED is I may want to do other colors that are more difficult to obtain with the RGB Endor Rebel led setup.

The hilt length is what I'm comfortable using from my use of the Darth Maul Hasbro Saber.
    Every 18650 that I have ever seen has been the same size, which is not AA size, it is about 50% bigger, it will not fit in a AA holder, furthermore, depending on where you add the pcb to the circuit/pack even AA size batteries may not fit in the holder. As for the led, you would still be better off mixing a tri reb, or wiring up the led with QDs to swap. Colors made by mixing tri color leds are made by increasing and blending colors, colors made by filtering are made by putting something that interrupts and limits the light passing through it. Its basic, ask some of the veterans if you wont take my word, but you are not the first new poster in the past few weeks to post an intimidating build as if you were going to stick some legos together.

I <3 Mako

Good Answer
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

If you are going to use discs, I'd suggest that you use the white seoul P4; 240 lumens of light.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

I'd side with Trade (who puts some of my builds to shame with his handiwork). Tri Rebel is the way to go. If you're comfortable with that length, then that's cool.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Banned Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Barmic Rin View Post
    Good, but 20" hilts? That's abit too long for me, but if you're built like Conan, go for it!

Maybe drop it by 3" to make it that bit more wieldy....

whats wrong with 20" inch hilts???? i love my hilts loooong

Quote Originally Posted by Barmic Rin View Post
    I'd side with Trade (who puts some of my builds to shame with his handiwork). Tri Rebel is the way to go. If you're comfortable with that length, then that's cool.
    which lens would you use on a Tri Rebel???

mTm

Someone who's done his homework would know that 4 Lithium Ions at nominal 3.7 Volts [actually 3.6 - 4.2 each fully charged] would 'MAGIC SMOKE' a rare and expensive Crystal Focus at hyperjump-speed...and that is a fate no CF deserves and would annoy people here.

You really need to build up to what you think you want...you still don't understand as much as you think you do...you need to LEARN young Padawan...a saber like you suggest will come when you have actually achieved Mastery to deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by mihunai View Post
    which lens would you use on a Tri Rebel???

mTm
    ?? a custom one as was discussed in another thread... wasnt it yours?

I <3 Mako

Youngling

Looking interesting, I actually prefer the plainer bottom one of the 2 - have you thought what blade length you'd want to go for with this length of hilt? Personally, I really like the look of longer hilts with shorter blades. I guess if you liked the feel of the Maul you may think similarly?

Also, re the batteries - the lithium/trustfires that correspond to AAs sized are the 14500s...

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Default apologies

I'll admit I was wrong about the batteries, sorry. I'll probably use these, UltraFire 14500 AA sized 3.6V Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery, instead. Here is another led setup I'm looking at Endor Rebel Cool White Triemitter 540 Lumens. To all the veterans out there if I do choose this led emitter setup would I need to wire in a power extender of some sort to run it. I was planning on a 40" blade.
    Last edited by MasterStoddard; 05-27-2009 at 06:54 AM.