Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Two Saber ideas

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Default Two Saber ideas

These are are two MHS Saber designs I've come up with. I know to most they're on the long side but it is a tribute to my Scottish ancestry. Comments very welcome.

Good, but 20" hilts? That's abit too long for me, but if you're built like Conan, go for it!

Maybe drop it by 3" to make it that bit more wieldy....
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

I think they look GREAT...........
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

Here's a list of the parts I plan to put in my saber when I can afford to build it.
    • 1x SPST Momentary tactile switch
    • 1x DPDT Momentary illuminated switch
    • 1x Activation box style 4
    • 1x 4AA battery holder (holding 4x Ultrafire Blue 18650 Li-Ion rechargeable Batteries)
    • 1x V3 Speaker mount and Premium speaker
    • 1x 2.1mm power jack
    • 1x style 6 MPS insert
    • 1x PCB for the Li-Ion batteries
    • 1x Crystal Focus vX.X Saber Core
    • 1x Bar graph
    • 1x Endor Rebel 180 Lumen LED
    • Xx color discs for a good Purple Blade

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Great designs. I too like long sabers, but not usually that long. I really do like the top one best.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

wow they are long...realy long. you might want to make a back holster for those instead of hanging it off the belt. if there is one thing i have lernt and that is don't get set on the first design. experiment a little and so what else you can come up with. looking good though. if you go to the top of this forum page (Modular hilt system) you will find a thread on MHS renderings. if you scroll through the pages you will find a rendering of the AV switch box you have used in your design.
    Last edited by Jedi coral; 05-24-2009 at 11:53 PM.

The measure of true wisdom is the ability to entertain ones idea and not except it as your own.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterStoddard View Post
    Here's a list of the parts I plan to put in my saber when I can afford to build it.
    • 1x SPST Momentary tactile switch
    • 1x DPDT Momentary illuminated switch
    • 1x Activation box style 4
    • 1x 4AA battery holder (holding 4x Ultrafire Blue 18650 Li-Ion rechargeable Batteries)
    • 1x V3 Speaker mount and Premium speaker
    • 1x 2.1mm power jack
    • 1x style 6 MPS insert
    • 1x PCB for the Li-Ion batteries
    • 1x Crystal Focus vX.X Saber Core
    • 1x Bar graph
    • 1x Endor Rebel 180 Lumen LED
    • Xx color discs for a good Purple Blade
    Oh boy, where to start....
    first off those trustfires will not fit in a battery holder, they are not AA size

second those batteries are protected, they already have pcbs on them

next why would you go with all of those parts and then put a filter on the led? any filter, no matter the color or darkness dims the light. Purples more so than pale colors. If you are going with a rebel why not go with a tri rebel and mix the colors that way?

next, if you didnt understand my last comment that just goes to show that while we can all relate to enthusiasm and anticipation, you must learn that this is a progression hobby. You cant post your 3rd post ever and declare you are going to use all of that in your very first saber ever unless you are some sort of prop/electronics whiz that you didnt mention. You should start out with a hardware or mhs stunt saber (no sound) do a few of those, then try hasbro or fx sound, then maybe an US, then work up to a CF. If you start with all of that and cannot get it to work or bork something, then you will get dismayed and leave the hobby, and we like to see people learn, grow, and stick around.

I <3 Mako

Now then, being part Scot myself i'd have to say go for it. Though I'd drop the flutted section down to a four inch.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

I've done my home work when it comes to this project.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradeliphine View Post
    Oh boy, where to start....
    first off those trustfires will not fit in a battery holder, they are not AA size

second those batteries are protected, they already have pcbs on them.
    The Ultrafire batteries that I'm looking at will actually fit in the holder I'm looking at, and secondly they're not the protected batteries that's the reason for the PCB. Here is a link for the batteries I'm looking at Ultrafire Blue XSL 18650 2400mah BUTTON TOP Lithium Battery

I always practice my soldering before touching a circut board.

The reason for the 180 lumen white LED is I may want to do other colors that are more difficult to obtain with the RGB Endor Rebel led setup.

The hilt length is what I'm comfortable using from my use of the Darth Maul Hasbro Saber.

Unprotected = 64mm x 17mm
    Protected = 66mm x 18mm
    AA = 50mm x 14mm

so what holder are you using?
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)