Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blade holder

Default Blade holder

Has anyone ever tried to make a blade holder that works like one of those drill with adjustable tips where you turn it and a claw fastens the tip?
    you'd have a strong, even grip on the blade plus no 3/4" adapter needed

mTm

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Why don't you make one and show us how!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I think he's referring to a collet chuck...havent seen one for a saber yet but no reason in theory that I can see why a bladeholder couldnt be made on that principle though I'm not sure why anyone would need to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collet

yup, thats the one i mean.
    and unfortunately i do not have the tools for such a project, but you did, didnt you LDM

mTm

That type of blade retention system was discussed over 8 months ago, can't remember the thread name , but it was discussed with diagrams.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Something like that would need to be machined. What makes you think that LDM has the proper tools to make one?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Because LDM has said before, to get him to make something that isn't available, is to tell him it is "IMPOSSIBLE" to make. That's why!
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Something like that would need to be machined. What makes you think that LDM has the proper tools to make one?
    just an unsupported assumption because the is one of the Big Guys of Sabers

anyway, i guess people will stick to screws if this has been discussed 8 months ago with no results..

mTm

Banned Sith Lord

LDM what milhunai wants is IMPOSSIBLE to make... ive also got plans and designs and schematics for a new quick release joint for a double bladed lightsaber. that will be a surprise in the next year... no details till then......

Quote Originally Posted by Onli-Won Kanomi View Post
    I think he's referring to a collet chuck...havent seen one for a saber yet but no reason in theory that I can see why a bladeholder couldnt be made on that principle though I'm not sure why anyone would need to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collet
    I have seen it done...it's very expensive to do, but holds a blade very well. The machinist that made my custom lightsaber did a run of sabers that we collaborated on the design of, and about a dozen sabers were produced form the run. All of them were loosely based on QG's hilt, and were referred to as the "Nightfall Series," ater the site member that commisioned the original that the rest were based on. I wish I'd gotten one, now...he no onger makes them, I'm afraid.

TCSS members Jedi Tom and Jo-Sten Mochi know what I'm talking about, as they were members of that old site as well.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.