Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mounting a crystal focus board to the v2 speaker mount?

how would you create a resonance chamber or that particular set-up?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Malik View Post
    how would you create a resonance chamber or that particular set-up?
    You don't need to. The speaker holder sits inside the MHS far enough that it clears the female threads to allow the pommel to screw on. When it does, the end of the pommel is very close to the speaker holder, and the bore of the pommel acts like your resonance chamber. It's slick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonitus View Post
    You don't need to. The speaker holder sits inside the MHS far enough that it clears the female threads to allow the pommel to screw on. When it does, the end of the pommel is very close to the speaker holder, and the bore of the pommel acts like your resonance chamber. It's slick.
    Ok, thanks Jonitus!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Malik View Post
    Ok, thanks Jonitus!
    No problem. One additional piece of advice I will pass along. While everything will fit in the MHS fine with the v2 setup, it's still not a bad idea to use a thin plastic to line the MHS or wrap around your setup to make darned sure nothing grounds out. Check out your local larger hardware store for the clear plastic tubes used to protect florescent lights. They're clear, thin, and cheap. A piece cut from one and split so it can wrap snugly around your setup will protect nicely and make sure you don't ground out against the hilt.

Thanks bunches. I ordered the parts last night... And tomarrow I will go get that plastic stuff! thanks lots!