Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Import Tax rip off

Angry Import Tax rip off

I can honestly say I hate this country how the hell can I get taxed on an order that is so small now I can't get my MHS parts cause I don't have the money.
    Last edited by Darth Sorn; 05-19-2009 at 05:47 AM.

I hated the import charges on my saber too - but you have to pay them. It's all to do with importing services which are (theoretically) available in the UK. You're helping the UK economy - you should be proud to help pay off all of the debt we've incurred by bailing out the banks and funding MP's second homes...........

There is no emotion; there is peace // There is no ignorance; there is knowledge // There is no passion; there is serenity // There is no death; there is the Force.

I have had three orders from the store here, and have never been taxed on any of them. They were all small orders, under $99. I Brought a maul FX on e-bay from a guy in florida and got so shafted on the import tax I couldn't walk for a month. I sympathise. Still it's good to know that thanks to the tax you pay on the Saber parts "The right honorable lord uphisarse" can claim it as expenses when he next has his moat cleaned...

Youngling

I feel your pain!

It's just one of those things living outside the USA where you have to bite the bullet and cough up - I collected an order from a while ago yesterday (delayed waiting for the US2.1 upgrade) - I was pretty flush when I made the order, my work finished since then, so £50 really stung me.

I hope you manage to raise the cash and collect your bits ASAP...

I feel your pain it is fustrating to know that you guys outside the US get shafted so bad on stuff by customs fees charges by your own country. I have sent repairs out and listed it as a repair and the cost of the repair and yet customs charges a import fee on the insured value instead of the cost of the repair.
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

I feel your pain too.

I just got a letter from ParcelForce today asking for £17.30 (not to bad, I've had worse), £8.00 of it is their clearance fee the rest import tax.

This is what I don't get, I've been a customer of TCSS for years, up until the end of last year I only got charged import tax once or twice. But since December I've ordered three times, first was a subtotal of $94.34 which I got charged import tax. The second subtotal was $143.47 which I didn't get charged import tax. The last orders subtotal was $65.62 and I got charged import tax. How come the most expensive order didn't get charged but the smaller ones did?

Last time I collected an order (a month or so ago) the girl at the parcelforce depot told me that parcels are selected at random to add charges to, but that these days pretty much nothing is getting through without charges.

I'v had one order from Tim taxed, my Ik from Don & (eventually) an MHS from ebay. It really is random.

Don, i'm sure you marked mine a 'light display piece' or something & they taxed the insured amount.

Still, generally cheaper to order straight from Tim as opposed to getting bits from JQlightsabers, as nice a guy as Daren is...
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Quote Originally Posted by Do-Clo View Post
    I feel your pain it is fustrating to know that you guys outside the US get shafted so bad on stuff by customs fees charges by your own country. I have sent repairs out and listed it as a repair and the cost of the repair and yet customs charges a import fee on the insured value instead of the cost of the repair.
    don't feel too bad, we're raping our own economy by not charging them.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_DevilGuy View Post
    don't feel too bad, we're raping our own economy by not charging them.
    We do charge/get charged import tax...
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop