Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: decent purple from fx construction kit mod?

Default decent purple from fx construction kit mod?

is there any way to make the joe jedi set (with grayvens multi-coloured led mod) look purple not dark pink? cus my wifes giving me hastle about it (may have to change my name to Barth Barbie)

Quote Originally Posted by Valgard Telash View Post
    is there any way to make the joe jedi set (with grayvens multi-coloured led mod) look purple not dark pink? cus my wifes giving me hastle about it (may have to change my name to Barth Barbie)
    It's will very on the size of the resister you use on the Red lead. The best way would be to use a potentiometer and dial in the shade of purple you want.

is that like a variable resistor?

is that like a variable resistor?
    Yes it is.

thanx very much. ps congrats on a bloody brilliant mod!!

Yeah I would agree with grayven on this. I had a bunch of resistors laying around the house and just kept changing values until I got a nice purple. It would have been much easier with a pot (didn't have one on hand though).

Quote Originally Posted by Zook View Post
    Yeah I would agree with grayven on this. I had a bunch of resistors laying around the house and just kept changing values until I got a nice purple. It would have been much easier with a pot (didn't have one on hand though).
    what value resistor did you end up with,

i spoke to the manager of my local maplins electronics shop and he told me that a pot is not sesnitive enough to use for resistence this small.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I can't remember where I found it at now, but I was able to get a pot at 25 ohms. It works pretty well. It just has no effect after about the last 25% of the range. I have also used a 1K ohm pot and it was only effective in about 10% of the of the range. Here is a video I made with the 1k ohm and you can see it can still be used, but you lose alot of the range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzUUkDrjmmU

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

can you get a pot small enough to fit into an fx construction kit hilt?

can you get a pot small enough to fit into an fx construction kit hilt?
    yes, easily