Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New sith claymore style with Spiderman soundboard

Banned Sith Lord

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Is there any way to close that gap in light with the flicker? I really like the way this sounds, but as was said above, that gap scares me.

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." - Edward Abbey (1927-1989)
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Amazing work on the weathering, hilt, and soundboard! That's cool!

Can we see how you wired up this puppy? I would hope Hasbro used the same basic boards as in thier lightsabers, but any insight would be helpful ASM. Nice work and great looking saber.

I used this board in a conversion too. It is very simple. There is an extra switch (to turn the saber off when the blade is retracted. It has a momentary switch, powers (in my case) a premium speaker, and a Ultrasabers Red-Orange LED. The clash sensor is easy to remove from the plastic of the unit, and pretty robust.

If you wanted to use the sound but not have the flicker cut out when it clashes, I think you'd need to use a different LED driver. The board and say Corbin driver would both activate on the same switch, and you probably could splice the motion sensor into both if you wanted.

I will be doing another upgrade to a future saber using this board again, but this time with a corbin driver. We'll see how it turns out. It'll be awhile, but I'll let everyone know what happens with it.