Thread: Which blade holder design was causing cracking?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Which blade holder design was causing cracking?

I remember reading somewhere that one of them had given some problems with cracking the blade? I could not locate the thread.
    Win or loose, step into the cage you still have more balls than 99% of the population.

None of the bladeholders should crack the blade, now if it were a fullsized uncut thickwalled blade the balde may crack due to it's size, if you cut down any blade down a few inches it should be okay. Also blades break just from alot of wear.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

or people overtightening the retention screws

I <3 Mako

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah.

I'm not aware of any blade holders themselves actually causing any blades to crack.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Heck, I put mine full force against an oak tree only to have it bend...
    the blade not the tree that is.

I check all my sabers for burrs inside the bladeholders when I first get them, after finding one in a custom saber once that scratched a blade but have never found any burrs in TCSS bladeholders yet...other than that unlikely possibility the only way I can even IMAGINE a bladeholder weakening a blade would be if it was a 'windowed' design AND the inside edge was sharp and cutting into the blade each time one hit...I only have one windowed TCSS emitter but it's edges are NOT sharp...worth checking though, and easily sandable if it was...so I doubt there is any DESIGN problem with any TCSS bladeholder that could cause blade cracking.
    Last edited by Onli-Won Kanomi; 05-11-2009 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJaivus View Post
    Heck, I put mine full force against an oak tree only to have it bend...
    the blade not the tree that is.
    Are you being serious? I was wondering if you did that if it would crack at the blade holder... Then I thought no one would ever risk their saber to swing full bore to find out hahaha.
    Win or loose, step into the cage you still have more balls than 99% of the population.