Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fx board sounding staticy, help

try another speaker if u have one that is

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Could it be that you are over running the speaker? I am not sure but I know that if you pump too much sound through a speaker it can distort could it be the same if you over run it?

To be honest I haven’t a clue but I thought I might as well throw that one out there

The measure of true wisdom is the ability to entertain ones idea and not except it as your own.

Listen to Do-Clo, he knows what he's talking about. I would bank on three things: Try a new speaker, make sure the batteries are fresh and make sure your solder joints are all good to go. I have seen bad solder joints do this same thing from experience...Also make sure the board is not touching the hilt itself causing some type of grounding.

MMMMM maybe its grounding, good tip
    Not as clumsy or random as a blaster, the lightsaber is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized time.

If the speaker has been tried with alternate setups... and the problem follows the speaker... it is usually going to be the speaker.

I have several speakers that are getting "static-y" and it's usually due to dust/dirt, the poor suckers getting a few smacks or whacks via some serious abuse (it happens... at least--with MY sabers)... or who knows--could just be age + the current flowing.

But yeah... a few STANDARD practices when troubleshooting are to:

* Replace/swap out the questionable part with a "known good" or different part, and see if things change...

* Replace/swap out whatever else you can just to rule it out...

* Do any of the above, but do them ONE at a time.

In most cases--your problem will be revealed. In "worst" cases... it can be an electronics board (multiple components + lots of possible random results)... and you can chase it around quite a bit before determining: "Oh wait. Duh. All this random stuff... it's the board."
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide