Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fx board sounding staticy, help

Default Fx board sounding staticy, help

I installed an fx jedi board in my saber with a 4.8 pack and a recharge port, the board is direct driving my led with a buck puck. The speaker is now sounding very staticky, does anyone have any ideas why this might be? The led is still bright no problems there.

I have never had this happen so I am sort of at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Not as clumsy or random as a blaster, the lightsaber is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized time.

Why are'nt you driving the LED right from the board? why the Puck?

...because I wanted optimal mah.

Do you have any ideas on the static?
    Not as clumsy or random as a blaster, the lightsaber is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized time.

Quote Originally Posted by airsoftmode View Post
    ...because I wanted optimal mah.

Do you have any ideas on the static?
    my ROTJ Luke is kinda staticy but that seams to have wore off after i converted it so im going to guess(keep in mind i know nothing about everything) it would be a connection to the sound board or speaker

is it the stock speaker?

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

No, its the one tim sells. The weird thing is it was working just fine for a whole day.

my guess is that the puck is eating up some needed juice that the board needs. if you can... try the board without the puck and see how it sounds. the puck alone requires/ likes 5v. its a different case but I found the same problem working with a hasbro board. it was then that I decided going with more expensive sound options sans pucks was easier and more Ideal

well im out of ideas so MTFBWY

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Puck is not the issue.

Is it possible the speakers has gone bad?

Specs from the buck puck data sheet: Input voltage minimum 5 volts

Driving the buck puck through the MR sound board will result in a voltage drop of .6 volts across the output transisters. Your drive voltage to the puck is bellow the minimum recommended voltage so the puck could be causing the problem by trying to draw more current to keep the output current of the led at a constant level this would cause the voltage to drop faster from the battery pack. When the battery voltage gets low the MR sound boards do strange things.
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

Yeah no I tried it without the puck and it's doing the same thing.