Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim's Colored PolyC - post picture of it here

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

The tubes have flared ends because they are cut with some kind of tube cutter..once you cut that off they should fit fine.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Tradeliphine View Post
    as for splitting them up, why is it so fraking hard for people to understand that tim is having these tested to find out which ones to buy in bulk to sell individually? if yall want to drop the money to get in on the big set then do it, $88 is a great price for 8 blade tubes, if you dont have the money just wait a bit and he will sell singles of what gets good reviews, and he might break up any remaining sets once he has enough solid reviews

Oh, trust me, I understand completely why they're only sold in bundles: If they're sold individually, some blades would be tested less than others, and it's probably cheaper for Tim this way, as well as us.

I'm just hopeful. (And well caffienated. XD)
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I have done some testing and the transparent blue, green and safety green work very well with Tim's tube diffuser. I have also tested the white one with a blue CREE led and it works great with out any diffusion. So far I have just done some quick test and I am waiting on a better camera so I can take pics and post them. I have not tested all of them yet but will soon.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

the black one is the one that interested me the most. is it solid black? and does the light travel down the sides giving it an outlined look like the black saber from the force unleashed?
    "The force alone is my ally, and it shall guide me to my destiny."

I'm pretty sure the black blade is just going to cause tinting. Because black is the absence of light the darkest colour we can see is purple, thus if it changes the colour of the led it would either darken the light or change the colour.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    the black one is the one that interested me the most. is it solid black? and does the light travel down the sides giving it an outlined look like the black saber from the force unleashed?
    It is a transparent black and it looks really cool with a red LED. It is a little dim in the middle even with a diffuser using a red Lux III led. I am leaving the blade at 40", so I am sure it would work alot better at about 30 - 32". I am still trying to find a good camera to take pictures of them with. I am getting some very cool results using different color LEDs that what the blades are.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

I know you're waiting for a better camera, but do you think you can post some pictures from your older one?
    I'm still really excited to see these things in action!
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I will post some pics this weekend. I am trying to borrow a camera from work.

Edit: I did get a camera from work so I will be taking some pics this weekend. Yea!
    Last edited by Rhyen Skytracker; 05-21-2009 at 10:49 AM.

I too am waiting for a decent camera to take pictures. My impressions so far are very positive.

The fluorescent green is very nice when used with either a white or a green LED. Good color saturation and even.

The two white tubes are very, very nice. The more opaque of the two I would put on par with an Ultraedge, and the lesser opaque tube seems to be superior to an Ultraedge.

The smoke is far too dark to be useful.

The dark green is very dark. I would say it is not suitable for use.

The solid silver, red and blue tubes are great for just having in your saber to troop around or have a daylight battle in the yard.

The two white tubes and the fluorescent green will stay in my collection with my sabers. They're that good.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I agree with Jonitus. I personally like the smoke one with a red Lux III LED, it is not bright but it looks very sithy. It looks like a death blade lightsaber. It looks like a blood red core with a black outline. The blue blade with a blue Cree LED is very bright and even too. It makes a very cool color of blue. Once again I will try taking pics with my work camera and upload them this weekend.