Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim's Colored PolyC - post picture of it here

those look awesome. i am interested in both of the green ones, cant wait to see pics of them put to work
    So let it be written, So let it be done.

Now... if Tim were able to get in some Thin walled Solid colours, id pretty sure id be definately... 'DEFINATELY' interested...

Think of Rotoscoping.... Solid colours, such as the Reds and Fluoro Greens would be really handy with CGI, plus for fighting in daylight

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I think the red and blue in this set would be good for rotoscoping. I do some video compositing and rotoscoping myself and I think the red and blue would work great.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

True... though for quick stage combat, thick walled isnt the best thing to be fighting with, especially for some of the more Ataru stylised fighting, in which case would throw the balance off for the person moving around...

Id really like to see what the 'cloudy' white or whatever looks like with a colored LED..

anyone else having troubles with them fitting? I pulled 3 blades at random from my box and none would fit on any of 4 bladeholders I tried? theyre off by 1-3mm diameter, guess Ill have to get the sander going tomorrow

I <3 Mako

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Do you have calipers? that has to be a rough guess because 3mm is very visibly too large. It takes little to not fit well. Sanding is not unusual though. Tends to be larger with the thin tubes though.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

You think we can convince Tim to break up the set of 8 into smaller groups as per request?
    I'd love to try these, but I don't have the money or the sabers to justify it.
    I've only built six, and only one of them is a white LED.
    If I could buy just two or three blades, I'd be on that like a hobo on a sandwich.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

ehh calipers were out in the garage last night, so I eyeballed it, Ill do the actual fittings and testing today

as for splitting them up, why is it so fraking hard for people to understand that tim is having these tested to find out which ones to buy in bulk to sell individually? if yall want to drop the money to get in on the big set then do it, $88 is a great price for 8 blade tubes, if you dont have the money just wait a bit and he will sell singles of what gets good reviews, and he might break up any remaining sets once he has enough solid reviews

I <3 Mako

If anyone has a UV setup to try with the florescent green I'd very much like to see that...
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."