Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Tim's Colored PolyC - post picture of it here

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thorn View Post
    That is extremely helpful. Just a couple of questions about the diffusion. I've found that when I combine Corbin and polypropylene, the Corbin effect is significantly diminished, pretty much negating the point. Why did you go with the combination?
    The reason why cellophane and corbin film are used in conjunction is even-ness.

Obviously the corbin film gathers the light toward the center (as that's it's biggest selling feature), while the cellophane/acetate/polypropylene/mylar has the light towards the outside, while the inside of the blade is dimmer. Look at an Ultrablade, you'll notice the the edges are brighter.

Combining the 2 films gives the blade a uniform/solid color that you would be unable to achieve using either film by itself.

Banned

Wow, I like!

Do you think these blades would do well sanded?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

They also have a very cool effect with out a diffuser too, if you can get just the right amount of dust in them. You would have to try it to see, you can't really tell from pics.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I know what you're talking about Wade, the best way to experiment with that would be to put a static charge on the tube by rubbing it with a cloth then blowing some Poly C dust or even some metal flake and coat the sides. Might be cool

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Great idea, I didn't think of that. I have just enough in the green blade I have but not the blue one. I will try that. Thanks Fender.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Sparkle blades?

metal particles? that could be interesting haha im still trying to see which blade im going with for my first saber

but at least now ive got the hilt design and color down!

Sparkle blades?
    Just imagine, Darth Vader with a sparkly pink lightsaber...
    "Luke, I am your father!"
    *snigger*
    "Together, we can rule the universe as father and... What are you laughing about?"
    "hmhm...!!!!!"
    "STOP LAUGHING!"
    "HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!"
    "Forget it, just fall allready...." *Force Push*
    "HAHAHAHAhahahaaaaha...... .. .. "

The only ones who could possible get away with a saber with any kind of
    sparkles is Hello Kitty Vader.
    Or the Hello Kitty Stormtrooper.
    Or some sabersmith's daughter....
    Thats it.
    =======
    Anyway, back on-topic,
    Any chance of a comparison pic of 2 Green P4's, with and without Green blade?

mTm

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

eveness shouldnt be a problem with cellophane only if the blade is colored. I havent tryed it personally but i would think that the corbin film may dim it too much and that cellophane only should be used.

Quote Originally Posted by LeMoel View Post
    eveness shouldnt be a problem with cellophane only if the blade is colored. I havent tryed it personally but i would think that the corbin film may dim it too much and that cellophane only should be used.
    i think this might be true with some of the colors, but i didnt notice it with the transparent safety green blade
    So let it be written, So let it be done.