Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim's Colored PolyC - post picture of it here

Banned

You're killin me here guys!

Has anyone taken pics (or better yet, a video) of any of these blades with a blue LUX III or Seoul P4 blue?
    I think it would be awesome to have the blue blade even with out the light but I wouldn't want to do it if I would have to sacrifice the brightness of the LED.

Default Transparent Safety Green Blade

many people might be wondering what the transparent safety green polycarbonate tube would look like when used with a green led like I had been (and JediMedic). so i am posting pics of my blade that is finished ( by the request of JediMedic). it is a green luxeon 5. I used two wraps of corbin film and 6 feet of cellophane. Here ya go....

here it is unlit from farther away:

here it is upclose, next to a piece of the tube without any films:

here it is lit with the room lights on from farther away:

here it is lit with the room lights off from farther away (no flash):

here it is lit with the room lights off from farther away (sunset mode, more true in my opinion):

hope this can be of use to some people in deciding what polycarbonate tube to use. I dont have a regular clear polycarbonate blade so i cant really compare this to one. What i like the most about it is that when it is not lighted, it looks awesome in display, sort of a neon green. if you want your blade to be green even when its not lit up, i recommend this. cheers
    So let it be written, So let it be done.

Quote Originally Posted by theJUDGE View Post
    many people might be wondering what the transparent safety green polycarbonate tube would look like when used with a green led like I had been (and JediMedic). so i am posting pics of my blade that is finished ( by the request of JediMedic). it is a green luxeon 5. I used two wraps of corbin film and 6 feet of cellophane. Here ya go....
    <snip>
    hope this can be of use to some people in deciding what polycarbonate tube to use. I dont have a regular clear polycarbonate blade so i cant really compare this to one. What i like the most about it is that when it is not lighted, it looks awesome in display, sort of a neon green. if you want your blade to be green even when its not lit up, i recommend this. cheers
    That is extremely helpful. Just a couple of questions about the diffusion. I've found that when I combine Corbin and polypropylene, the Corbin effect is significantly diminished, pretty much negating the point. Why did you go with the combination? Second, what order are the diffusing films in? From the inside out, is it polypropylene/Corbin/polycarbonate, or Corbin/polypropylene/polycarbonate? I'm assuming the appearance (at least when turned off) would be different.
    There's always a bigger fish.

I actually went with the Corbin film with the clear film so that it would help hide any dust or hair that got inside of the blade ( i had some cat hair that just would not come out), and it works magnificently in doing this. you are right, the cellophane detracts form the white core look that people look as far as i can tell, it is almost non existent on mine. the order of my blade materials goes like this: inner most is cellophane, then the Corbin film, which is then touching the inner polycarbonate tube.I think the color when turned off would be more silvery when turned off with just cellophane/polypropolene, kinda like viridian. I was going more for a lighter luke skywalker green that wasnt too silvery, like this:

if you guys have any more questions or comments please feel free to ask, i would like to help in anyway
    Last edited by theJUDGE; 11-01-2009 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theJUDGE View Post
    I actually went with the Corbin film with the clear film so that it would help hide any dust or hair that got inside of the blade ( i had some cat hair that just would not come out), and it works magnificently in doing this. you are right, the cellophane detracts form the white core look that people look as far as i can tell, it is almost non existent on mine. the order of my blade materials goes like this: inner most is cellophane, then the Corbin film, which is then touching the inner polycarbonate tube. if you guys have any more questions or comments please feel free to ask, i would like to help in anyway
    Ahh. There's the drawback of polypropylene. It looks so nice and silver when the saber is off, but when the saber is on, any debris is lit up like little (unwanted) stars.
    There's always a bigger fish.

true, true. im able to prevent more from getting in by using a chair leg cover on the end

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Cleaning the tube first before gluing the tip on and inserting film is a good idea

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

i cleaned it the best i could using micro fiber cloths and two other things prior to construction, but cat hair seems to resist cleaning methods lol. i only had two cat hairs overall though, and you cant see them anymore because of the corbin film

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wipe the film with a Swiffer duster prior to insertion.

Haven't had any problems yet...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...