I read through the entire thread and saw a couple of things on the durability of these blades, but I feel I must ask, is there any difference between the durability of the trans blades and the durability of regular thick walled polyc? I don't see why they would be, but I've had two of these blades break on me, one of them right out of the box... I cut it, put in cellophane, put the tip on and took her out for a spin, and boom within a few strikes we had a broken blade.... Interesting, I assumed it was operator malfunction not the blade itself. I can fix it, there was only a little crack, so since the blade is part of a set I have to trim them both down, which is a minor inconvenience but nothing horrible.

Yesterday, I was dueling with my blue blade, and it broke... Enough so that I have to cut off the majority of the blade... It's not even going to be something I can salvage for sparring anymore... I may save it for my son so he can have a padawan's blade.

So I'm just wondering is there any obvious reason for this problem? I would assume I am just sparring too hard, but I'm not sparring any differently than I have been with other blades. If anything I'm striking with way less force due to the fact that there is more momentum behind the current saber I'm using. I am using gorilla glue on the tips if that matters...

It's just starting to really irritate me, because every time I duel now it seems we're having to replace a blasted blade.... I never broke blades before now, and I used to spar exclusively with 3/4'' blades. It's just been a downer here lately.

Any advice or suggestions on the issue would be greatly appreciated!