Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Tim's Colored PolyC - post picture of it here

Blog Entries

I read through the entire thread and saw a couple of things on the durability of these blades, but I feel I must ask, is there any difference between the durability of the trans blades and the durability of regular thick walled polyc? I don't see why they would be, but I've had two of these blades break on me, one of them right out of the box... I cut it, put in cellophane, put the tip on and took her out for a spin, and boom within a few strikes we had a broken blade.... Interesting, I assumed it was operator malfunction not the blade itself. I can fix it, there was only a little crack, so since the blade is part of a set I have to trim them both down, which is a minor inconvenience but nothing horrible.

Yesterday, I was dueling with my blue blade, and it broke... Enough so that I have to cut off the majority of the blade... It's not even going to be something I can salvage for sparring anymore... I may save it for my son so he can have a padawan's blade.

So I'm just wondering is there any obvious reason for this problem? I would assume I am just sparring too hard, but I'm not sparring any differently than I have been with other blades. If anything I'm striking with way less force due to the fact that there is more momentum behind the current saber I'm using. I am using gorilla glue on the tips if that matters...

It's just starting to really irritate me, because every time I duel now it seems we're having to replace a blasted blade.... I never broke blades before now, and I used to spar exclusively with 3/4'' blades. It's just been a downer here lately.

Any advice or suggestions on the issue would be greatly appreciated!

Hey, thanks for experimenting with the colored polyc! They look fantastic.

Has anyone tried them with an LED string? I was thinking a string in the safety green would give a look very close to ROTJ.

Blog Entries

I personally think they look fantastic with the LED's in the hilts... I have experience with the blue green and red... They look sick during daytime or nighttime use... My only concern is that I keep breaking them. The colors compliment the use of the same color LED's I.E. If you have blue, it will look fantastic in blue, if you have red, it will look great with red... etcetera. I guess I should post a video or picture or something.

Here's a video showcasing a lightsaber I recently bought.... It came with the blue blade... I think the color looks amazing, and as usual the camera doesn't do justice.

Wow that blade looks amazing. Since you stated that the camera didn't do it justice, I can't even begin to imagine what it looks like in person.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evilpancreas View Post
    Wow that blade looks amazing. Since you stated that the camera didn't do it justice, I can't even begin to imagine what it looks like in person.
    Yeah my only concern is that I've broken two of these blades in two weeks... One of them new out of the box... So my concern is that they are not as durable as the clear Poly C for whatever reason.

Perhaps you should try a thick walled 1 inch? I don't know much, but that seems like the best suggestion possible.

the colored poly-c is thick walled.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I am having the PolyC supplier look into this as they say it should be just as strong as the clear..
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    I am having the PolyC supplier look into this as they say it should be just as strong as the clear..
    Thanks Tim! I really appreciate it.