Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: blade lock-in ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    you all are acting like a bunch of angry children. give the dude a break. sure it's a ridiculously stupid thread to post......
    but still you need to consider that some people are too eager to make these things, so they jump right in without reading the tutorials. just accept that there are ppl who don't think before they act. are you all Jedi or what? patience is a virtue. i'm mainly talking to all the "adults" who have spent a lot of time posting like thousands of posts on this forum....

lol even still he does kind of deserve it a little
    I think I see a bunch of 'spins' and 'horizontal thrusts' coming on...

Council Member
    Jedi Master

you all are acting like a bunch of angry children. give the dude a break. sure it's a ridiculously stupid thread to post......
    but still you need to consider that some people are too eager to make these things, so they jump right in without reading the tutorials. just accept that there are ppl who don't think before they act. are you all Jedi or what? patience is a virtue. i'm mainly talking to all the "adults" who have spent a lot of time posting like thousands of posts on this forum....

This is the mildest noob initiation I've seen in a long time. So I don't comprehend the angry children comment.

Second, Jedi are fictitious creations, characters from a story. I don't believe anyone is fictitious here, so I don't think there are any Jedi. But there are some Sith.

Many of the "adults" who have "posted thousands" of responses have already answered this question. Multiple times. Yes I understand there are elevetybillion posts to read through. That's where CLEAR expression of the question comes in. If he's asking about a twist lock, then be specific as possible.

IF a person acts without thinking, they should not be educated to their error? That some one is "eager to jump in" with out reading the tutorials pose a liability. Being over eager in this hobby can result in serious, and possibly permanent injury (Lux III and other similar LED are class 2 laser devices, and as such can cause serious injury to the eye). Same with a blade that comes flying loose due to improper retention. Giant piece of poly c tubing sticking out of my eyesocket is a little painful to think about.

So, when someone that HAS been around chastised me to slow down, read, and learn, I stopped to think that maybe it's not because I'm an idiot, but that maybe, just maybe, they want to see me stick around for a while.

Even if it is to pick on me some more.

lol don't get me wrong. i have no problem with everybody being a little annoyed. i just don't want any bad flaming to happen. no body likes that we're all noobs at one point.

And i am well aware that jedi are fictitious.
    "The force alone is my ally, and it shall guide me to my destiny."

And i am well aware that jedi are fictitious.

blasphemer !!!!!!!!!!!

Purple Fourteen, ummn yeah where did I leave the keys to this freighter again ?
    Tos, So many drunken adventures.
    http://www.steampunkodyssey.com << fun project
    Alpine Garrison 501st Detachment

Quote Originally Posted by Defectuous View Post
    blasphemer !!!!!!!!!!!

lol good one

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You make a very good point.

But how is someone supposed to learn without being taught?
    Wouldn't it be better to learn a lesson like- "researching before asking" (very good for applying for jobs.) in a fun place like these forums??

I never get mad at the people who ask questions like this, I just try to help them out and give them life lessons to learn from.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

sure cardcollector. to me that's what it's all about. learning and having fun

Council Member
    Sith Lord

In case you guys missed it, I spelled the answer out for him. It happened to be cloaked in a humorous parable, but I thought it was rather good natured. I think some folks need to just loosen up a little. If anyone cannot tolerate a tongue-in-cheek response, then they need to toughen their adult diapers a little more!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Banned Sith Lord

damn.... Sithed stole my thunder LOL.
    i just got an idea of a blade lock screw.... take a machined large diameter screw that has a pin and a spring on the inside. okay.... then have a small hole the size of the pin on blade itself... now to remove the blade you twist the pin nob and pull. then remove the blade. then to put the blade back in you just push the blade in and it locks.

the only problems is that you would have to have the exact measurement of where the blade meets the bottom so you have a securely locked blade. as for making sure you have the blade going in correctly (so the hole and pine line up.) have an extruding slot in the blade holder and a milled slot in the blade.... then just slide it in.

now my question... do you think this will work and if so, should i try and draw up a 3D prototype on inventor? it would take some serious time but i think it would be the best way to give back to the community....

let me know what you think... also some designing help would be awsome!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post
    damn.... Sithed stole my thunder LOL.
    i just got an idea of a blade lock screw.... take a machined large diameter screw that has a pin and a spring on the inside. okay.... then have a small hole the size of the pin on blade itself... now to remove the blade you twist the pin nob and pull. then remove the blade. then to put the blade back in you just push the blade in and it locks.

the only problems is that you would have to have the exact measurement of where the blade meets the bottom so you have a securely locked blade. as for making sure you have the blade going in correctly (so the hole and pine line up.) have an extruding slot in the blade holder and a milled slot in the blade.... then just slide it in.

now my question... do you think this will work and if so, should i try and draw up a 3D prototype on inventor? it would take some serious time but i think it would be the best way to give back to the community....

let me know what you think... also some designing help would be awsome!

I don't think you should have a slot put in the blade, just a hole that is just a tad larger than the pin. You can just twist the blade until it lines up with the spring loaded pin in the blade holder and the pin would just slide in place.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php