Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: UltraSound 2.0 After upgrade..

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

If it will run off one trustfire then you could possibly rewire it to give you double the run time.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Blast!! I drive to work from 10:45 to 11:15 pm East coast... Must have just missed it. Ah well... what is a few days of your life wasted in front of the monitor in the name of fun hobbies? I figure I got three more chances!
    Win or loose, step into the cage you still have more balls than 99% of the population.

Which connectors did you attached the capacitor to? Also, what type of switch did you use? I will be using a DPDT illuminated anti-vandal switch (from TCSS).

Thanks for testing and posting your fix!

Quote Originally Posted by Ri-on Ozryel View Post
    I ran into the bounce problem on the first batch but was able to get around it by de-bouncing the switch with a capacitor. The capacitor I used was monolithic ceramic capacitor (either 50 WVDC or 100 WVDC) with a value of 0.1 uF.

I used it on 2 different switches with no problems on either one.
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

Question

So does this mean people are starting to get the US 2.1 boards back from Ultrasabers? Or are folks getting them from Tim? I ask because I've not heard any news about the board I send in to Ultra to get upgraded.

Welcome to the club.....................
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Yes some people have gotten their boards back, I've gotten mine back. I didn't receive any contact at all until I got a notification from USPS that I had a package on the way. So don't expect any word, that's kind of been the running theme of this whole experience
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Yeah, I’m still waiting on mine too. I sent 3 boards in. I have no idea if they received them, no idea if they have been upgraded and no idea when I’ll see them again.

Are we having fun yet?

Hmmm...makes me kinda glad I didn't send mine in! Sounds like the majority of problems still plague the board. Hopefully 2.2 or 3 will be better!
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Ranger View Post
    Which connectors did you attached the capacitor to? Also, what type of switch did you use? I will be using a DPDT illuminated anti-vandal switch (from TCSS).

Thanks for testing and posting your fix!
    Tim soldered the capacitor directly to the board, so you won't have to worry about soldering it to the switch itself.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Leximus View Post
    Yes some people have gotten their boards back, I've gotten mine back. I didn't receive any contact at all until I got a notification from USPS that I had a package on the way. So don't expect any word, that's kind of been the running theme of this whole experience
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan Cade View Post
    Yeah, I’m still waiting on mine too. I sent 3 boards in. I have no idea if they received them, no idea if they have been upgraded and no idea when I’ll see them again.

Are we having fun yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeQuadFive View Post
    Hmmm...makes me kinda glad I didn't send mine in! Sounds like the majority of problems still plague the board. Hopefully 2.2 or 3 will be better!
    It would be nice if you would specify the company if it wasnt me that you are complaining about so people dont come here and read this thinking it is about us.

ThreeQuadFive.. With the resistor the switch issue is fixed so far. The battery issue is better if not solved and the pulse modes are brighter, etc..so it was not a waste of time.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop