Thread: Cartoon Network Clone Wars (shorts) Barriss Offee

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default Cartoon Network Clone Wars (shorts) Barriss Offee

Man, it's been a while since I've posted anything in here. Here's my latest. This is modeled after the Barriss Offee lightsaber from the Cartoon Network Clone Wars Shorts (not the CG show). There's a little pic of it at the end for comparison.

It's made from simple MHS components, the blade holder was customized by Strydur (Thank you), but everything else is standard.

I wanted to capture a little of the story-based features: i.e. crystal ball guts. I found some 1" acrylic balls and I pretty much just cored it out to make it look like a crystal in a ball.

Bad shot, but trust me, it's in there. It's lit by a 5mm HB LED.

I also made a chssis for the CF, it worked out pretty well. It's fixed in place, so the pommel and 2" section just unscrew around it. The main LED is a LEDEngine 5w blue - VERY bright!

eastern57

Very nice!

That chassis is exactly what i've said about elsewhere! A Modular Chassis system!!!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Very nice saber. I really like how you did the crystal chamber. So you just drilled holed in the crystal ball and it made it look lie the crystals were growing inside? Awesome job.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yup.

Nice hilt inside and out. Thanks for the post eastern. I just had one of those "ah hah!" moments when you see something done that should have been previously been an obvious choice.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by B5813 View Post
    Nice hilt inside and out. Thanks for the post eastern. I just had one of those "ah hah!" moments when you see something done that should have been previously been an obvious choice.
    I can only imagine. But I'm glad I could help... unless you're refering to something I should be doing.

Very accurate dude! And the chassis is very neat! Could you do a how to on the Chassis? Pretty please.

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

I really like that hilt.
    Very KOTOR.
    Nice Chassis, how did you actually attach the board to the Modular chassis thingy?
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Banned Sith Lord

wow that is frickin amazing!!!!!!