Thread: Wiring 2 led's & 2 motors to a US 2.0, please?

Default Wiring 2 led's & 2 motors to a US 2.0, please?

I apologize if this has been asked before but i fail to find any wiring schematics on the us 2.0.

The only diagram shows where to attach the battery, led, speaker and two switches.

Can anyone help me with a wiring diagram on how to attach:

1x SPSD momentary guarded switch

1X luxeon 3 LED

1X normal white LED to the clash

1x motor to the clash

1x motor to the flicker?

Thanks guys, i don't wanna mess up ya see, ultra noob 'ere

PnP
    Last edited by PregnantNproud; 04-30-2009 at 08:46 PM.

Well, I can safely say that wiring up the plain white led to flash on clash is out....there's no where to solder for that on the board. There is also no seperate place to wire the motors for clash and flicker....it's not a CF, I'm afraid. The Ultrasound was not designed to run seperate accessories like that. You might be able to use one of the motors though, wired with the main led for the blade with the flicker setting turned up, and it will probably work just fine. You'll just have to make sure that the motor has the correct resitor for the led power setting you plan to use with the board. The US 2.0 also only requires one momentary switch, and it is recommended that it be a tactile type, as the original 2.0 programming will have problems with most other types of momentary switches.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 04-30-2009 at 09:46 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Jay-Gon is quite correct... and that was very thorough too Jay!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Well, I can safely say that wiring up the plain white led to flash on clash is out....there's no where to solder for that on the board. There is also no seperate place to wire the motors for clash and flicker....it's not a CF, I'm afraid. The Ultrasound was not designed to run seperate accessories like that. You might be able to use one of the motors though, wired with the main led for the blade with the flicker setting turned up, and it will probably work just fine. You'll just have to make sure that the motor has the correct resitor for the led power setting you plan to use with the board. The US 2.0 also only requires one momentary switch, and it is recommended that it be a tactile type, as the original 2.0 programming will have problems with most other types of momentary switches.
    Thanks guys. That sucks a tad, but us2.0 is still an awesome board. (blushes) didnt expect novastar himself to be here lol

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Jay-gon is correct. You can wire a single motor in parallel to mimic the flicker, but nothing to the clash.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Judging by the size of those motors you're going to get a heck of a feedback when one of those is whirling around. As noted, definitely do a trial of various resistors to slow the effect down. I'd like to emphasize as Jay-gon pointed out that you'd be better with a "click" type momentary switch like the type sold in this store. I have one of the guarded switches as in your picture hooked up to a US 2.0 and it proves to be a real hassle when programming the board. Not completely useless but I've had to remove/reinstall the batteries MANY times to complete the quick selection settings.