Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: my pieced together MR Luke ROTJ/ANH

In my opinion, when you build hilts for a while you can appreciate some of the things that might otherwise get overlooked. I'm always impressed with neat, small switch placements. Probably because it's always the one part I dislike doing the most. That's a nice clean job you did on that saber man.

I really do like the way you mounted the mini slider. It blends in very well. That's a very clean build. Good Work Zook.
    Lord Cyric ~ Consumed by the darkness within ~

Thanks again everyone.

I picked up that switch a while back when I was at my local electronics store because I knew I would find a way to use it. When I first cut the grip I cut the exact size needed to move the switch. Well that didnt work well of course because I had to make an effort to move the switch so I decided to cut the angles in and widen it some. Works great now...blends in well and I can turn it on and off without a problem.

For those that might be interested in how I polished it. I used a felt wheel on my die grinder with some jewelers rouge and followed that up with a cloth wheel and a different rouge. I could have done more to get it even more polished but felt it was good enough for a saber I was going to use and not just place on the wall for show.