Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any saber builders in S.E. Tennessee?

Default Any saber builders in S.E. Tennessee?

I am new to the saber building world and have already become addicted. I am working on my second and third hilts now. Anyway, is there any saberbuilders or Star Wars costuming freaks in the Chattanooga, TN area. Saberbuilding is a lonely venture by yourself.
    Yoda always said there would be days like this.

wow! finally someone that would be near me!

i live it Nashville right now. but im going to UTC this coming school year!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I live just east of Atlanta, GA only 2 hours away.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Cool MasterRoop!!! I feel so alone in the Chattanooga saber scene. Which I fear is non-existent, until now. Are you and Skytracker fairly experienced saber builders? I'm not real big into costuming although I am considering starting a sith or dark jedi (Luke episode 3 style). Do you two know of any groups in the area.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I have made 68 sabers so far (80 if you count the PVC sabers I made) and am a member of the Rebel Legion. I have an old republic Jedi costume. It is almost like Anakins from ROTS.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Skytracker, I looked at your saber pics. Very cool designs. Simple, but very sophisticated. I especially liked pic wadeh13. I took apart my first saber to use some HMS parts for my 2nd design. I am also trying to finish my 3rd saber at the same time. Just waiting on Tim to get in more US boards. I like to design sabers with simple, clean lines that are straight to the point. Almost like sword hilts.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Are you going to DragonCon this year?

It's in Atlanta right? I would like to. I have never been to a convention. I really don't know anyone who would want to go. By the way, Darth Hideous was just a joke name for a character I wanted to create. A dark jedi who was badly scared (Hideous) in his early training and couldn't get over his own shame which began to control his life, thus pushing him to the dark side. He isn't associated with the jedi anymore, but isn't exactly evil either. Maybe I will drop the "Darth" and just be Hideous.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I live 45 miles from Atlanta and have never been before. I am going this year for the first time.

Actually, I do have a friend that would go, but he works a lot. He's been before. Last year actually. He likes to go and get autographs. I don't really care about the celebs. I just like being around sci-fi stuff. I usually don't keep up with when it comes to town. When I do find out, it's too late because I usually don't have the funds to go. Maybe this year.