Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: First timer - saber design

:Good to know your learning, and reading!
    Good work!
    Here's a design close to yours that would actually go together right
    Attached Images Attached Images

(O_O)>o====7--------------------
    Join the dark side!
    ................When they're sleeping, take the browies and cookies and the IMAX TV and run!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Gear

Quote Originally Posted by B5813 View Post
    Hey Loremaster, when you say you're eliminating the extension piece do you mean the gear section? The gear will in fact fit between the blade holder and the main hilt body. It has a male and female end. The blade holder will screw into one end of the gear and the other end of the gear will screw into the main hilt section.
    Will it, now? That's GREAT to know!! I was so disappointed when I thought it wouldn't. It looked to me on the MHS as if it had two male ends. Well, I will add that back in immediately!

Master Dak, thanks for the encouragement and yes, that is very close to my first design #2 that wouldn't upload for you folks to see. If you don't mind, I will take that drawing as a template.

I will check with Mom about her soldering iron, but I think you're right...need a finer tip for electronics work. Back to reading!

Loremaster
    May the Force be with you, and may you rest in the love and care of the Divine.

if you look at the MHS builder there are trheads on one end sticking OUT.. on the other side/end the threads go IN.. not protruding from the part.. this indicates threads are INTERNAL and not EXTERNAL..

It will work, Loremaster. I'm doing a build now and using the gear section in between the blade holder and ribbed section.

Quote Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
    . If you don't mind, I will take that drawing as a template.

Loremaster
    It's not his design to give, Strydur runs the shop, the rest of us just throw money his way. I would have stuck the design up too, but I can't always get the builder pics to save on my laptop.... weird....

Also, don't see this topic as a spanking, you've read & re-read, so all is good in the world thus far.

I really like the design & was actually thinking of using that bladeholder/gear combo on a friends saber when I do this big order.
    Good luck dude!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Default Just color me stupid

OK, I am dumb as mud...forgot to rotate the gear on the MHS. Duh! Yes, it will work fine! I was delighted when I read your posts on the matter, and have made up the parts list and cost for this saber. Expensive little puppy, this, but I have been waiting almost 10 years to make one so I want everything to be perfect, natch.

And good luck to you all too!

Loremaster
    May the Force be with you, and may you rest in the love and care of the Divine.

alright LM... now get busy