Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: first sound

Ok, I am going to go ahead and just spill how I do this.

I don't use the sound board to power the LED!!! That's right I don't, nope, hate it that way. With the resistor setup you have, You are getting the most bang for your buck with the LED without going in to overdrive. What I normally do when I have the room is to use a 4aaa/aa pack for the LED and then a 2aaa/aa pack for the sound, run them off the same switch and life is great. when room is at a premium, I just jump 3volts off of the 4aaa/aa pack like we have discussed before.

I did a seperate battery pack setup for a buddy of mine and he has changed the LED batteries a few times but has yet to change the sound batteries.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, most have the FOC and it's a pain in the arse. Some of the hasbro's can handle the extra voltage but they're so unreliable that way. I think I'm going to use micropucks so I can stick to 3V when using Hasbro's now.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Excellent setup xwing. I did one like that for one for a friend of my son. I have heard no complaints at all and it has been a good 6 months or so. The 1w with a micropuck is really awesome, super small size, no weight and as we all know the 1w LEDs have some nice glow to them. I admit I only did the one that way but that is a GREAT option.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Most of the later hasbro sound boards will run with 3 AA batteries really well and the sound is louder. The micropuck will handle 4.5 volts with no problem so a 1 watt luxeon will work great with a micropuck and a hasbro sound board in this type of setup. I have built several sabers with this setup and I have never had a failure.
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

Thanks James3.

I should have enough room in my hilt for the 2 battery packs and was actually conisidering doing just that. But after blowing two boards I didn't want to try anything until i was sure.

I should have the whole thing done this weekend. I'll post some pics.