Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Coupling for a double bladed lightsaber

Yeah, other than looking cool, it could only work as a surprise attack and would have to be able to disconnect pretty much instantly. The surprise attack would only work if it ended up causing the death of the opponent immediately after seperation.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

You're right it would have to be instantaneous and also it would have to work without changing one's previous grip on the sabers...if there was a button one had to push or a catch one had to release or one had to touch, twist or pull on the coupler itself then the instant one's opponent saw you change your grip position towards the coupler area they would know what you were going to do and any element of surprise would be lost.
    Last edited by Onli-Won Kanomi; 04-27-2009 at 01:15 AM.

Oh, I have launched an interesting discussion.
    @ ARKM: The idea of the coupling of the nunchaku is very interesting. Do you know more about the technics (didn't find anything) and have a draft or something like that?
    @ Titoshi: Using pneumatic tools is also a good idea but very expensive and I'm just a poor student
    @ Time Render: You convinced me that my idea is not the best, thanks.
    If I got it right (my knowledge of the english language is just modera), we have a discussion about the sense of such a coupling, too. To defend my idea: With my group (www.saberproject.de) we sometimes do perfomance on stage. This coupling would just be a good show-effect. Including the separation of a staffsaber into two sabers is not the problem, you may kick your opponent so that he falls backwards, then you have a few seconds to separate the saber.
    I think this is a good example for my style of fighting and to see, how stable the coupling should be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VfJ3YqEUCE
    Does anyone has experiences with a bayonet coupling and can assure me that it is solid enough for me?

I do not have any measurements or better pictures of the converta chuck's connecting mechanism, sorry. I would have to buy and diassemble them to be able to do that.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Not to advertise other companies in compatition with Tim but,,,,,,,,,,,, Ultrasabers has leftover maul couplers for a nice price.
    Last edited by Sairon; 05-01-2009 at 05:04 PM.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post
    [...] My criterias are, that I can do this in one or two seconds (after practicing it of course) and that the saber with this coupling is fit for action because I need it for performance on stage. [...]
    Thanks for the hint but a Maul coupler is not what I'm looking for.

Banned Sith Lord

in the short movie art of the saber.... The doubl bladed saber he used was a maul and I'm pretty sure it was a maul coupler bit he seemed to seperate it really fast right in mid parry. You might want to check it out. I'm follownf this thread becuase this will apply to my senior project double colorchanging lightsaber.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

In order to keep the separation time down to instant and not change your grip at all, you would have to use the force to decouple the sabers. Sorry, couldn't resist. lol I do think the bayonet style coupling would hold up in moderate combat. I even think they would hold up in a little bit of heavy combat.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

We had quite a discussion about this a couple of years ago, while Tim and Corbin were working on the Modular Pommel System. There may be some ideas in there that some of you newer members might be able to refine:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...coupler&page=5

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks for all your advice until now, I will try the bayonet coupling out. The nunchaku coupling is interesting, too.
    If someone still has an idea I'm all ears.