Thread: Coupling for a double bladed lightsaber

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ok, I'm a nineteen year old new member, and I think I know what I'm going to do: the converta chuck mechanism was most promising, so I'll try to get just the mechanism directly from the manufacturer without the chucks or chain. This setup has been proven the toughest in demonstrations, so I'll try this first. Next up is the Bayonet mount. While I'm not convinced they are the sturdiest, a well-built pair may last longer in rough combat than my third choice, the quick-connect couplers found in hardware stores. Also, the bayonet mounts do not require you to shift your hand positions, so you can take it apart and put it together in battle quickly, and easily, at the cost of less durability than the converta-chuck setup. Finally, the quick-connect couplers used in pipes and pneumatic tools are my last choice for this task, but I believe they will do in a pinch. That is all I have to share on my opinions of which connective mechanism is the best overall.

P.S. here is the PDF version of what a patent website had on the layout and construction of the converta chucks, but ONLY IF YOU ARE MAKING THE SETUP FOR YOURSELF, NOT FOR PROFIT. otherwise you would be responsible for patent infringement. I cannot be held liable if you try to produce these commercially and they come after you. http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4132408.pdf

double P.S. I also found more information on wikipedia regarding the bayonet mount to ensure it does not come apart in battle:

Sithknight
    Last edited by Sithknight01; 10-14-2010 at 08:59 AM. Reason: adding PDF from patent website showing blueprint for converta chucks