Thread: wiring a momentary switch for the main power switch.

Red face wiring a momentary switch for the main power switch.

yeah so i'm kinda ignorant when it comes to this part. i was wondering if anyone would be willing to explain the best way to make a momentary switch (specifically the new switches in TCSS with the LED's) your main power switch. and this is also will include a crystal focus board (hopefully i can get my hands on one when they come out before all the saber smiths get their hands on all of them lol)

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Lightbulb

Hi, I am NOT attempting to flame you in any way. If the tenor of my response seems harsh, it is not intentional. First off, the LED diagram is right on the TCSS site. It is one of the pictures associated with the switch you are talking about. It almost seems like you are asking a trick question, but I will answer it as asked. THe way to wire the 16mm antivandal mom switch is this: Solder the switch leads from the soundboard to the central and one end prong on one side of the switch. (In other words, it is JUST like wiring any other DPDT switch as an SPST switch and you don't wire a mom switch any differnetly than yo do a latching switch!) The LED leads are wired exactly the same as an accent LED. If I were you, I would spend an extended time reading and practicing before I ever tried to work with a CF, because, unfortunately a question like this indicates that you are not yet anywhere near ready to tackle one. All of this info is readily available, but it will be out of context for you unless you educate yourself. I wish you the best of luck, but please think about what I said.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

thank man! actually i thought there was some special thing you had to do for the monentary switches... it just wasn't clear to me i thought you needed another component or something. like cause the momentary switchs turn off after you release them... so i thought that would happen if i hooked one up to the crystal focus board, and no one wants that to happen thanks though! you cleared up a lot for me

Council Member
    Sith Lord

You are welcome. The CF can be configured to use a mom switch or a latching switch.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

There are 2 kinds of momentary switches a normally open switch and a normally closed switch. There are 3 settings for the 3 switch types.

Same goes for the aux button, be sure you have it set to one of the 2 momentary switch types that you are using or access to the menu will be bothersome.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

oh ok! so you can use the config files on the CF board to select the function of your switches? well that's simple then thanks!

Yes, to learn more you can check the data sheets on the CF on ervs site.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics