Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 8 Khz Inverter

Is that with or without a length of EL wire on it?

<center></center>

without, meaning that's what's getting fed INTO the EL wire, which is what people normally give when they talk about specs. Loading shouldn't affect the frequency going into the EL wire.

"All men die, but not all men live... which are you?"

Actually, it does. A short strip will be much brighter than a longer (double) strip.

With my EL grip hilt, the grip is nice and bright without a blade, but once the blade is connected, the brightness is 1/2. And the blade is 1/2 as bright as my other hilts that have just a blade.

<center>
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/</center>

I have noticed the same thing between my kids sabers and my full size sabers. It would be interesting to get it on the oscilloscope to see what it runs at with 10,15,17,& 20 feet of wire attached.

<center></center>

The inverter for the EL wire is basically an oscillator and depending upon the load attached to the output the frequencey will change, the shorter the wire the high the frequencey and the longer the wire the lower the frequencey.

Do-Clo
    Brotherhood of the Sith

Don't make me destroy you...

That is exactly what I was thinking which is why I was wondering when it hit 4Khz. We might be running higher if we are not maxing that puppy out.

<center></center>

Simply way would be to look at the specs for the wire you're using, looking at its electrical chars (conductance, capacitance, impedance) and doing the integration to find max length to hit 4Hz.

On a side note, the inverter still ran at about 10kHz loaded with my 32' blade.

"All men die, but not all men live... which are you?"