View Poll Results: What did you think of Dragonball: Evolution?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • It was awesome!!!

0 0%
  • Meh.. it was okay.

3 13.64%
  • FAIL!!!!!!

8 36.36%
  • Haven't watched it yet.

11 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dragonball: Evolution

Thumbs up Dragonball: Evolution

What did you think of it?

Personally, I thought it was pretty good. It wasn't great either, but it's worthy enough to become a part of the Dragonball franchise, IMO.

"The Force is my ally. And a powerful ally it is."

damn, its out already? i didnt even know...

Goku is white, (not to be racist) which kinda made me kinda dissapointed other than that the movie is okay.
    Last edited by Sairon; 04-19-2009 at 01:58 PM.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Quote Originally Posted by Sairon View Post
    Goku is white, which kinda made me kinda dissapointed other than that the movie is okay.
    Well, Goku always did look more Caucasian than Asian, anyway.
    TCSS Red Squadron - The most kickawesome fighting force in the Galaxy.

Which Blue Luxeon is movie-accurate? Find out here.

being an alien and all, i kinda figured he shouldnt necessarily be asian. kinda like with Ryu from street fighter, we dont know what nationality he is originially, just where he grew up

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I think they altered the story too much. From the previews, Goku isn't muscular, they don't fly (drive around town instead), and they don't eat rice super fast. That's why I voted fail.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul View Post
    I think they altered the story too much. From the previews, Goku isn't muscular, they don't fly (drive around town instead), and they don't eat rice super fast. That's why I voted fail.
    he's also in school and dealing with his raging hormones
    ...YUP!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul View Post
    in dragonball goku is suppose to be a kid who wasn't 'muscular' just super strong and fast...and doesn't know how to fly yet...he had a cloud to ride on.
    in dragonball z he could fly...i haven't seen the movie yet...so im just going off you guys...
    “What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

Haven't seen it yet but I think it's gonna be an epic fail. I just don't like when people mess with an screw up a good show that I grew up watching. I know it's supposed to be an addaptation or something so not really following the show exactly down to the very last speck of dirt but still.

That's just my speculation right now. Being that I have yet to see it, I cannot completely bash it.

It'll probaly be a dvd rental for me though, ain't gonna shell out nine bucks for something that I will most likely not like very much.

Sorry for the negative aura in this post.

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

Just saw it...terrible movie...bad acting and casting. Doesn't follow the actual dragonball story just uses basic ideas from the series and character names. Don't feel bad if you pirate it, cause its a waste of disc space. Even if you dont like anime watching the cartoon version will be more enjoyable than that was.
    “What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"