Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's the Cheapest Lightsaber a 14 year old can make?

Smile What's the Cheapest Lightsaber a 14 year old can make?

Well yes, I am 14 and I don't really have a source of income. So I was wondering whats the cheapest lightsaber I could make? I already have chosen the type of lightsaber I want and I want an LED lightsaber!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

If you want an LED saber, PVC would be the cheapest you could go, there are threads about making them.

If you want a metal hilt, you'll be saving your pennies for a lot longer.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Welcome young fella, read the links in my SIG and you will have an idea of what you will need.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

even the most basic sinktube saber is probably gonna run you a good $70-$80 for all the parts, blade, etc.

Blade? It's a lightsaber, light is the blade. Hense the question what's a blade holder for?

Welcome Listen to the above wise peeps and you will go far.

Welcome to the board Clee-Vin. Let's save the Master title until after you know what you're doing and build a few dozen top-end sabres, okay?
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

The problem is, there are just some expenses you can't avoid no matter how frugal you attempt to go. The least expensive electronics setup is going to cost about $19. A complete battle blade is another $30 (your entire saved budget), or you could build one yourself for ~$20. The expense of the hilt depends entirely on your choice of parts. At this point, considering the unavoidable cost of the blade and electronics, you might just as well go all the way and invest in an aluminum MHS (Modular Hilt System) hilt. Basic blade holder $20 - $30, basic main body, $25 - $30, pommel and an extension another $15...

So you could make one for a little over $100. But it would be swee-ee-eet when it's done!
    Last edited by Obi-Ben; 04-19-2009 at 07:19 PM.

Welcome. Make sure you read the rules or else big people come and get you.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Preston\My Documents\My PicturesThe cake is a lie.
    Official TCSS Noob welcomer.

Who could really go as far even to decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Welcome to the boards, the cheapest way that you can make a starter saber would use parts from home dopt for the hilt, a basic electronics kit from the store and a pex blade. The cheapest you can go for a nice first saber is 40 bucks not including shipping.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The chaepest LED saber can be made with PVC. It will cost about $45-$55 depending on your supplier.

Jay Gonn Jinn has a great tutorial! They look pretty good!
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...