Thread: Anticipating my new saber...

Talking Anticipating my new saber...

I ordered the Makoto style saber w/ red LED strip style blade. The hilt design looks sweet and he is installing a vibrating motor as well. I am looking forward to taking it apart more so than playing w/ it I think. I have many ideas I want to try out. I plan to post a full review on youtube including voltage and current info. Stay tuned!!
    Win or loose, step into the cage you still have more balls than 99% of the population.

http://album.blog.yam.com/marikoswork&folder=6044872

I believe this is my saber that should be here soon!! I know most of you will say that the motor is too big but I think it's exactly what I want. It has a red extremely bright LED strip blade. Makoto says his leds will not go out after heavy dueling. Stay tuned for my pre and post dueling review
    Win or loose, step into the cage you still have more balls than 99% of the population.

Kewl and a dancing hilt at that...LOL.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Cool saber. I just don't know about the motor being activated all the time. I do think it would be great as a clash effect.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

that looks kool. but i have to agree with Rhyen. it would be much better as a clash effect. but that being said i am sure it will be awsome just the same.

The measure of true wisdom is the ability to entertain ones idea and not except it as your own.

Talking

What I would ultimately like to do is add a pulse to the blade (does anyone here have a makoto saber?) since I don't think it has one. Then I would like to tie the vibrating motor to the pulsing of the leds. That is constantly going but when the led dims it would be very soft and when they lit it would vibrate a bit more. I feel that the impact of the saber blade to another blade would basically conceal any momentary vibration from a motor. I think it would be almost unnoticed. These are just my humble opinions and musings. I only have an MR Vader to date. Makoto says this saber is in the mail.

Zion... that should be very feasible (I would think), as it is completely possible with a CF-powered saber. Which (duh) utilizes pulsing current to the LED.

I've done this with both of my Flange III sabers, but... as you might expect... it's impossible to effectively show over video.

Especially because the motors I have running in the sabers are not meant to numb your hands, I actually use them during choreography or classes or what not. I hope to use them in BOP III, but... we'll see!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    Zion... that should be very feasible (I would think), as it is completely possible with a CF-powered saber. Which (duh) utilizes pulsing current to the LED.

I've done this with both of my Flange III sabers, but... as you might expect... it's impossible to effectively show over video.

Especially because the motors I have running in the sabers are not meant to numb your hands, I actually use them during choreography or classes or what not. I hope to use them in BOP III, but... we'll see!
    Haha yeah yeah on the strong motor..

I wonder if one of the LED driver boards (I have accepted I will prob never own a CF) could work w/ Makotos setup. I believe the "corbin" board is available and was going to try that route. I will post a vid of the guts of this new saber when I get it.