Thread: Here's my idea for a switch for my new saber...do you think this will work?

Question Here's my idea for a switch for my new saber...do you think this will work?

OK, here's my plan: I've never mounted a switch in one of the control boxes, but that's kinda what I'm thinking. I've got Box 2 from the shop and was thinking of using one of the tiny tactile switches in the center with the black plate on top. Press the plate to activate the saber. Anyone done this before? Will it work, or not? I don't have an extra tactile switch at home or I would try it. Will it require some grinding to fit properly? Any Input is welcome.
    "You've failed, Your Highness. I am a JEDI, like my father before me..."

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

Should work if the black plate can move up and down.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I also had that Idea. Let me know if it works!
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

I think Madcow has done that with his Obi ANH you push the bubble strip in the clamp to turn it on and off...same idea....

KI-ADI-MUNDI on FX-SABERS.com

I've got a switch coming in with my next order. It should be here next week, then I can try to put theory into practice. Anybody else have any ideas or suggestions?

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

In my experience switches are the single biggest P.I.T.A. when building a saber.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I have used that box extensively. What you want to do, although not impossible, would be difficult to do correctly. I usually put them in so they stick out the side like in these sabers:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ight=Luke+ROTJ

here is a pix of the bottom of the box w/switch installed:

and attached to the hilt:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

that is a good idea. I may try that if my plan doesn't work out. Thanks, LDM! What switch did you use? Looks like the other tactile from the shop. I'm gonna try using the tiny button style that jay-gon used to make his US 2.0 combo switch. ( awsome idea, jay! Made one myself and it works perfect!).
    Any other ideas or advice?

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ