Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 5 Cheap PVC sabers in 5 hours.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The paint I used is designed for plastics and they haven't had any combat yet. I will let you know after saturday.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Since you did offer the Tut, a quick and dirty Tut with a parts list would be great. Your ingenuity is matched by none Rhyen.
    Lord Cyric ~ Consumed by the darkness within ~

Banned Sith Lord

Very nice rhyen! Wow. Let me know how the paint holds up!

id like to see a tutorial on these too. if nothing else, it will give me some ideas for some cheap/light sabers for my kids to play with until they get a little bigger (seriously, my son wants one, but he just turned 1, so he cant hold even the smallest possible sinktube saber)

I've done a few PVC sabers, and I've always had problems housing the battery pack.
    On one, I've got two double female connectors bolted together with some steel brackets.
    On two others, I wired three single AA battery holders together in series that run the length of the hilt.
    I'm interested to see how you did yours.

Are those Lux III's?
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Jay-Gon has done the best tutorial I've seen on PVC sabers. What I did is just a down and dirty quick PVC saber build and I would not want to take away from the tutorial that Jay-Gon did. I will do a tutorial on these, but I would highly recommend using Jay-Gons for a more durable PVC saber. I will work on it tonight.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Looks great, good job on those sabers!
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

It won't bother me if you write one for your pvc sabers....I didn't include a parts list in mine because very few, if any of the parts I used were bought in the TCSS store, and felt it would do Tim a diservice to list other vendors in his forums.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    It won't bother me if you write one for your pvc sabers....I didn't include a parts list in mine because very few, if any of the parts I used were bought in the TCSS store, and felt it would do Tim a diservice to list other vendors in his forums.
    I purchased all my switches and in the store. So I guess that is something. Your tutorial is much better, I had to make these very fast and they will probally only be used once or twice. I will make it when I get back.

My biggest question is blade mounting how do you keep the blade from sliding into the hilt yet have it still be removable?
    Lord Cyric ~ Consumed by the darkness within ~