Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Polished Brass Saber

Wow, I am very impressed with the way you used those sinktubes and that faucet handle. It really does not look like a sinktube saber at all and really channels Mace Windu style aesthetics nicely.

I like it. It looks like a rather simple hilt to build, but because it was built so cleanly and because you used the brass tube in a way that's not normally used, the end result is a very nice saber.

To me, this really challenges the typical notion of a sinktube saber and raises the bar...it's even more impressive that you managed to achieve this effect without mad dremel overlays and major disguising work.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

yeah that is a clean and tasty look'n use of sinktube. I do have to ask why does it look crooked in the signature pic on your posts? Sometimes shiny surfaces create this illusion but I'd fix that. Your other pics look way better.

What are you using for blade retention? There's nothing visible.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 10-23-2009 at 12:24 PM.

It is slighty crooked. You can only tell in pictures though. It was an unfortunate side affect of connecting the two sink tubes with slip joints and rivets. And cutting with a hack saw and midar box.

I sold this saber and am building another. Next time I will use a 1.5" sink tube adapter for a stronger joint.

The blade retention screw is there. Its just a button head screw. I'm using a 1.25" sink tube blade holder.
    Last edited by vargose; 05-19-2011 at 08:00 AM.

I cant wait to see your new one it. I havent made a lightsaber (that can hold a blade) yet, but i might base mine off of yours with the brass.

1 more thing, is the new one you're making going to be about the same or more different?

I will be rebuilding this one, and it will be about the same.

I have another hilt already done for a different saber. Its just awaiting electronics.