Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Red Curse

Default Red Curse

Oh this name so describes my first saber, it took long enough just to get to this stage and I’m still not finished lol.
    It has;
    blade holder style 4
    Double threaded hilt style 4
    MHS ribbed extension v-grooved
    MPS Pommel style 5
    Brass overlay (painted black)
    It will have when I can figure out how to base the US 2.0;
    A red/orange Luxeon III running off a UltraSound 2.0 and a power indicator Red LED.

I customized the blade holder and put in some blind holes. The brass over lay was cut from a brass sheet and then rolled around a metal tube until I got the right shape.
    I am happy with it but I will be relieved once its finally finished, so for now here’s some pics of it so far.

So there it is, all I need now is the electronics put in and it will be done. Oh dose anyone know of a good and simple way I could base the US 2.0? Thanks
    Last edited by Darth Sorn; 04-13-2009 at 06:37 AM.

ok, i *really* like this one. that overlay rivals some of the best ive seen on here

Yes, very nice color scheme and a perfect mix of pointy overlay/horizontal bands.

Red/O will look pretty good, I think a blue or cyan would also look pretty neat in it.

Keep us updated!
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Looks like a good saber, if I may inquire what type of switch is that, it looks like an anti vandal but smaller.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Very nice saber, I how the overlay looks with the black bands. Great job.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Thumbs up

Pics are a little blurry... but from what I can see so far, it looks really really good!
    LOCKHEED

Nice job on customizing the blade holder

Not bad. Not bad at all.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Banned Sith Lord

pretty soon ill have some Teflon board mounts CNCd for a school project... ill be giving a few away. so let me know if you want one. they will be for MR or US. they wont be done for about a month or two... since we are still busy on other stuff...

Cool saber.

BTW call the cable guy. You need the clock in your camera reset. I hear he does VCR's too...