Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread: Concepts & Sketches

Quote Originally Posted by Khaine1969 View Post
    If your really curious I could dig out the model(sure I have it saved somewhere) and re-render it from a different angle, but it would take a while.

T
    Actually, after looking at some of these ideas people are posting, and given it some thought.....I might be convinced to turn some of these into renders so the original artist could see what it would look like in 3D. If that interests anybody (serious only) let me know.
    I'm not going anywhere. I would be interested to see what those two look like from the rear though.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 07-22-2014 at 07:35 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Well without throwing it into the good renderer and letting it cook, this is what that saber looks like from the back.....Top on left, bottom on right.

new saber leght shot.jpg

T
    Last edited by Khaine1969; 07-22-2014 at 08:07 PM.

And for those who want something COMPLETELY different there's this beast.
    Pistol grip saber.jpg

I know, not very jedi/sith-ish but....

T

Quote Originally Posted by Khaine1969 View Post
    Well without throwing it into the good renderer and letting it cook, this is what that saber looks like from the back.....Top on left, bottom on right.

new saber leght shot.jpg

T
    OK. Not too bad.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

IMG_20150325_043545.jpg
    Here is the concept for my second MHS based lightsaber. This will be the first one with a shroud. I thought about doing a crystal chamber but my kung fu is not that strong yet. Gonna be hard enough to get the shroud to come out right. I don't know if I am going to go with powder coating or just paint to save some money. I don't mind the wear that paint get after a while of use. That just adds character. I may also try a more elaborate etching on the shroud for this build.

i finally decided to stop lurking and show off my "summer project"
    saber outline.jpg
    Scan0002.jpg
    my plan is to have a chassis 3d printed which will hold the electronics with the speaker and the sound board swapped from the picture so that sound comes out of the crystal chamber rather than having to cut sound holes.
    the top portion containing the power switch and the led die will be removable from the rest of the chassis using an 8 pin power extension from a past computer build.
    I'm going to use a Color Spark 2 soundboard with either a z6 or another rgb die and a 3.7v battery
    the logo will light up the same color as the crystal chamber and blade.
    all input is welcomed and I cant wait to have a finished product to show off

Default 3D Lightsaber Renderings

I have been playing around with the Autodesk 123d software for a few days now and i wanted to show off a rendering i did of a MHS saber.

Untitled.jpg

Here are the same parts in the MHS builder

Untitled1.jpg

Parts List:

blade holder 5
    choke 2
    ribbed extension
    3" double female
    pommel 10
    Activation box 1 with top 1
    16mm AV switch red
    Red Mom switch 21
    recharge port

Hope you like the rendering. i have some more in this post: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...next-PVC-saber

Please post your 3D renderings. I would love to see them as i am sure others would as well.
    Last edited by Thalan the Exiled; 09-05-2015 at 12:52 AM.

Just an FYI, there is already a stickied topic called "Concepts and Sketches" in this very section: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...s-amp-Sketches

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Threads cleaned and merged - FJK
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Blog Entries

Here's the next saber on my list. It's for my nephew who is 10. I wanted another challenge, so this time I'm targeting cram-fu. The hilt comes in at just over 8 inches, 10 including blade holder, and uses the ribbed ext as the main part of the handle. I think I can, I think I can