Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Concepts & Sketches

was thinking about different martial arts weapons and how to adapt them to lightsaber tech.

Kamas came to mind: http://www.okinawankarateclub.com/im...ons/kama_l.gif

did a quick sketch of what i'm thinking. probably will make a cheap pvc prototype soon:

I'm also in a star wars / scifi group here in Pittsburgh. Next year at the local comic-con, we are trying to organize a blood drive. i figure if we put up a great prize and give raffle tickets for every blood donation, we might get more donations. I came up with a "Steel City Saber" or a "Red Cross Saber" I'll build and donate as the prize
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.

My First Saber (Shoto Style): Fidelis

Originally, it was gonna be an inch shorter... But there's just no way I could measure up to that epic level of cram-fu just yet. So the 6 inch extension will have to do.

Switch is gonna be a blue illuminated and is gonna go in the pommel... For now. We'll see how that works out once I have the exterior parts. Probably gonna be running on an Anakin board, Yoda if that doesn't fit.

Tell me what y'all think.

Sometimes, you don't even realize you're being consumed by the Dark... Until it's too late.

Cern: The bottom design in your first picture reminds me very strongly of old military flashlights. My dad has one that looks just like that which he carried in Vietnam. Maybe you could find one at a military surplus store and convert it to a saber. Just a thought.

It reminds me of the Surefire flashlights that use super bright LEDs and rechargeable batteries much like the trustfires sold in the TCSS store.

thats actually where i got the idea originally
    The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.

A few more ideas i've had bouncing around:
    The first two have a blade / handguard on the hilt.

The third saber is a "Light Scythe" with a rotating emitter. the sphere on the pommel is detachable, figure its a remote like the one Luke was practicing against but with its power turned up to KILL setting. Bases on a Kusari-gama

Not sure of the utility of the big axe-saber, but i figure the character i designed it for is more concerned over inspiring fear than utility.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey all I had to modify my design a little bit after talking with Tim, the previous design would work but he would have to cut down the choke to get the shroud to fit. I didn't want to compromise the integrity of that piece. And I ended up liking this design even more. (Despite the fact I would have to change the battery pack) It uses the same parts, just in a different order.

Some may leave The Jedi Order; but few leave it alone.

I like the design. u should put it in a weel or somthing so it can spin like his does.

So, I haven't even gotten my first saber assembled yet since I am waiting for parts to come back from being PCed and machined, but I already have a design in mind for a second saber and I really like it. This saber is an homage to my three favorite Jedi: Qui-Gonn Jin, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker. Posting two renders because I'm not sure which switch I will use yet. I may also add a shroud and/or Graflex style grips.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Good luck getting that pommel PC'd like that. I know I couldn't do it and have it come out worth a damn. Also, I'm assuming this is a stunt cause you have that switch REAL low on the hilt and will limit any ability to put much electronics in.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS